After the first round of crowdfunding, the Spero E-Bike is back. Coimbatore based jute machinery technocrat S. Manikandan launched the Spero E-Bike a few months back on the crowdfunding platform, Fueladream.com and received a positive response. The first campaign raised INR 38 lakh – 125% of its goal with 100+ bookings from across the country.
S. Manikandan, a 38-year old MBA, has been working on this project for more than three years and just launched his second crowdfunding campaign on Fueladream. Besides just contributing to this project, the Funders can pre-order the SPERO E-bike through Fueladream.com. It is made with a judicious mix of locally sourced materials and local ingenuity, and key imported components – the battery comes from Samsung, the motor and tyres come from partners in Korea.
FACTS & FEATURES
- Comes in 3 models
o E-30 – Has a range of 30 kms on a single charge (available only in Men’s model)
o E-60 – Has a range of 60 kms on a single charge (available in Men’s & Unisex models)
o E-100 – Has a range of 100 kms on a single charge (available only in Men’s model)
- Speed – 25 kmph max
- Acceleration – 0-25kmph in 10 seconds
- Gears – Comes with 5 speed digital gears in the electric mode
- Battery – 48V Li-ion battery with a 1-year warranty.Charges from 20 to 80% within 4-6 hours.
- Weight – All bikes weigh between 25kgs – 26 kgs (with the battery)
o Battery weight of E-30 – 2.7 kgs
o Battery weight of E-60 – 3.4kgs
o Battery weight of E-100 – 3.7kgs
- Detachable battery for ease of charging
- Charging – From a regular 5amp socket like your Smartphone!
- Ease of use – Standard bicycle parts (Tyres, cables, mud/rear guards) can be used on the SPERO
- Tyres – Imported from Korea
- Advanced features – Pedal assist & regeneration
- Cruise control
- Front shocks & disc brake included
- Available with headlights
- Password protection
- Fits into all bike racks
- No driving license required
- No insurance required
The pre-order prices for the 3 models on FuelADream would be from 29,900 INR to 50,900 INR, which would be approximately 40% lower than their market price.