EICMA 2014 has to be one of the best in history with everyone trying to trump the other with rocketing horsepower numbers and technology to boot. In comparison Honda has been rather keeping mum and seems like it will stay this way for some more time. Here’s why!
The rumours and excitement surrounding Honda’s RC213V-S road bike and a reborn Honda Africa Twin Off-roader did take shape, but unfortunately they have been unveiled as concepts. The Honda Africa Twin has rather been displayed as a True Adventurer Prototype and stated to have been developed to deliver outstanding off-road capability, and could provide the basis of a true round-the-world motorcycle. No technical specifications or details have been provided on these two bikes.
Other machines on Honda’s dais are:
The 40th Anniversary Gold Wing, Gold Wing F6B and Gold Wing F6C marking 40 years of continuous Gold Wing production.
The 2015 VFR800X Crossrunner featuring longer travel suspension, new wheels and brakes and aggressive adventure sports touring styling, more mid-range torque and top-end power from its V4-VTEC engine plus HSTC, ABS, premium LED lighting and 5-stage heated grips fitted as standard.
The 2015 Forza 125- a compact sports GT scooter designed for maximum highway performance, around-town zip and fuel efficiency.
New Paint Options for 2015 have been given to the following motorcycles.
- The 2015 CBR1000RR Fireblade, SP Fireblade, NSC50R and CBR125R will be available with special Repsol livery.
- The 2015 Honda VFR1200F gets a new Pearl Glare White finish.
- The 2015 Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer gets Special Edition Digital Silver Metallic/Pearl Glare White and Special Edition Digital Silver Metallic/Black paint options.
- The 2015 Honda CB1000R now comes in three colour versions i.e. Hyper Red/Black and Pearl Cool White/Black paint options; also available will be a revised Pearl Siena Red/Pearl Cool White.
- The 2015 Honda CB500F now features a new Gunpowder Black Metallic/Matt Summit White paint. Two other paint options include Ross White/Candy Lightning Blue and Ross White/Millennium Red.
- The 2015 Honda CB500X has been given a similar Gunpowder Black Metallic paint option; also available will be Matt Summit White and Millennium Red.
We had been expecting Honda to sustain the excitement of EICMA 2014 with the much anticipated RC213V-S and the Africa twin, but looks like we might have to wait a little longer.