Earlier this week, Honda unveiled CBR300R’s naked version, the CB300F’s. Now, the Japanese manufacturer has officially launched the motorcycle in the United States at a price tag of USD 3999 which comes to about Rs 2.4 lakh (with approximate value of dollar at Rs 60 as on July 12, 2014).
The Honda CB300F sports the same single-cylinder powermill that is found on the CBR300R displacing 286cc and churning out 29 bhp of power and 27.1Nm of peak torque. The motorcycle is about four kilograms lighter that its faired sibling as the weighing needle stands at 157 kilograms.
The Honda CBR300R is slated for a launch in India by this year end, and we expect the CB300F to follow it soon.
One thing that we are not sure of is the pricing of the motorcycle. At the converted rate of Rs 2.4 lakh, the CB300F is almost 35,000 more expensive that KTM’s 375cc naked motorcycle, the 390 Duke. We hope Honda works in that department and try to keep the prices down to compete against the Austrian manufacturer.
Here are the technical specifications of the 2015 Honda CB300F:
- Engine Type: 286cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke: 76.0mm x 63.0mm
- Compression ratio: 10.7:1
- Max Power: 30.8 ps @ 8500 rpm
- Max Torque: 27.1 nm @ 7250 rpm
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Fuel System: PGM-FI, 38mm throttle body
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistor with electronic advance
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Suspension Front: 37mm fork; 4.65 inches travel
- Rear: Pro-Link® single shock with five-position spring preload adjustability; 4.07 inches travel
- Brakes Front: Twin-piston caliper with single 296mm disc
- Rear: Single-caliper 220mm disc
- Tyres Front: 110/70-17 radial. Rear: 140/70-17 radial
- Wheelbase: 54.3 inches
- Seat Height: 30.7 inches
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 13 litres
Stay tuned into Motoroids as we bring you more updates of the Honda CB300F as and when they emerge. Do share your thoughts through comments below.