Abarth is celebrating its position as Official Sponsor and Car Supplier to the FIM MotoGP Championship with the launch of a new range of 595 sports hatches – the 595 Yamaha Factory Racing Edition. Created from a partnership with Yamaha, and with world champion riders Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo on course for an historic championship, the new edition comes in a choice of seven striking colours and is packed with sporty features.
With 17-inch matt black alloy wheels, painted brake callipers and optional matching Abarth side stripes and mirror covers, there is no mistaking the new 595 Yamaha Factory Racing Edition. Darkened windows, a flat-bottom leather steering wheel, aluminium pedals and a special ‘Yamaha Factory Racing’ badge come as standard. Optional accessories include Xenon headlamps, leather interior and dual zone air conditioning.
The Abarth 595 Yamaha Factory Racing Edition draws power from an upgraded version of Abarth’s 1.4-litre T-Jet engine. The 595 Yamaha Factory Racing Edition is further enhanced with a Record Monza exhaust system, Koni shock absorbers with FSD valves and Eibach lowering springs.
Here are the complete technical specifications:
- Engine: T-JET, 1368cc, straight-4, 4 valves per cylinder
Peak power: 160 HP (132 kW) @ 5500 rpm
Peak torque: 230 Nm @ 3000 rpm (Sport mode)
- Turbo: IHI RHF3-P
- Air cleaner: BMC high-performance filter
- Exhaust pipe: Record Monza 4 outlet valve
- Transmission: 5-speed gearbox, manual
- Front and rear: Abarth Koni with FSD valves
- Ride: Lowered racing
- Shock absorbers: Eibach front and rear lowered springs
- Rims: Alloy 17-inch Formula – Matt black finish alloy wheels
- Top speed: 130 mph
- Acceleration (0-62 mph): 7.4 sec
- Fuel consumption (mpg) and emissions (g/km):
Urban consumption: 35.8
Extra-urban consumption: 57.7
Combined consumption: 47.1
- CO2 emissions: 139
- Emissions standard: Euro 6