As per a latest report, Ford India will be launching their muscle car – Mustang on January 28th. This is the first time the Mustang has been developed for RHD markets since its inception in 1964 and hence an India launch was impending.
Although Ford does not expect big numbers from the Mustang, it will be launching it as Halo product in its portfolio. The Mustang is available with the following engine options :
- 5.0-liter V8 with 420 bhp and 530 Nm of torque. A new intake manifold improves low-speed breathing for better fuel economy, idle stability and emissions.
- 3.7-liter V6 produces 300bhp of power and 366 Nm of peak torque. This one is the bottom of the line engine.
- All-new 2.3-liter EcoBoost produces 305 bhp and 406 Nm of peak torque along while also delivering great fuel efficiency, thanks to the new technology engine.
Ford will be launching the Mustang with the 5.0 liter V8 in the Indian market. The car will be available with a 6-speed automatic or a 6-speed manual transmission.
Some of the features on the new Mustang include :
- Intelligent Access
- Push-button start
- Microsoft SYNC and MyKey
- SYNC AppLink™ lets drivers control their smartphone apps to listen to their favorite form of entertainment.
- Track Apps (Opt)
- MyColor gauges (Opt)
- Shaker Pro audio system (Opt)
What do you have to say about the Ford Mustang India launch ? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below. Stay tuned to Motoroids for more dope on the Ford Mustang India launch.
via : Overdrive