Ford Motor Company has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the eighth straight year – the longest streak for any auto manufacturer. Ethisphere’s list of the World’s Most Ethical Companies acknowledges and honors companies that recognize they have a role in society to influence or drive a positive change. These companies consider their employees, investors, customers and other key stakeholders when taking action, while their values and culture align with the decisions they make every day.
Ford’s commitment to ethics is evident in programs aimed at monitoring human rights and safe working conditions, sourcing conflict-free minerals, to programs such as the Partnership for a Cleaner Environment, which is aimed at encouraging sustainability through Ford’s supply chain.
Ford also fosters long-term relationships with suppliers through active engagement, which includes sharing best practices, as well as providing training and evaluations to ensure suppliers meet both legal requirements and Ford standards.
For its efforts, Ford has been recognized by several third-party organizations, including:
- 2017 World’s Most Admired Company by Fortune
- 2016 The Just 100: America’s Best Corporate Citizens by Forbes
- 2016 America’s Best Employer by Forbes
- 2016 Top Green Company by Newsweek
- 2016 World’s Most Attractive Employer for Engineering and IT by Universum
- 2016 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index.