Indian car market and Fiesta has quite a long relationship. The American car giant started its independent innings in the country with launching the Ikon C segmenter, which is nothing but a sedan version of the then Fiesta. In 2005, the carmaker came up with the Fiesta sedan which really did a lot of good to the manufacturer. In 2011, we got the all new Fiesta sedan. The earlier Fiesta, which was still doing good numbers, saw some aggressive price cuts and was named as Fiesta Classic.
Now, Ford has renamed the Fiesta Classic to simply Classic and the car will continue to come with the same petrol and diesel engine options. The Classic also gets a new set of alloy wheels, a spoiler and some other small bits. On the inside, in an attempt to lower the price, Classic gets black plastics with aluminum inserts. The car retains front and rear fog lamps, rear defogger and a music system with Bluetooth connectivity. On safety front, On safety front, the car gets dual front airbags and ABS.
The car is priced very competitively and the car still has a premium image going for it. Don’t be surprised if you see it eat into sales of the Manzas and the Dzires of this world. Ford says that the Classic is the car for the salf driven and going by the nice handling package and a punchy petrol mill, we don’t mind Ford India’s new tagline for the aging sedan.
Ford Classic is prices ex-showroom Delhi are as follows:
- Ford Classic Duratec 1.6 Petrol LXi is priced at Rs. 5.54 Lakhs
- Ford Classic Duratec 1.6 Petrol CLXi is priced at Rs. 6.19 Lakhs
- Ford Classic Duratec 1.6 Petrol SXi is priced at Rs. 7.53 Lakhs
- Ford Classic Duratorq 1.4 Diesel LXi is priced at Rs. 6.81 Lakhs
- Ford Classic Duratorq 1.4 Diesel CLXi is priced at Rs. 7.23 Lakhs
- Ford Classic Duratorq 1.4 Diesel SXi is priced at Rs. 8.48 Lakhs