Dilip Chhabria will be unveiling his version of the ‘world’s cheapest car’ at the upcoming Auto Expo. The DC Designed Nano offers a host of features and will command a price tag close to rupees one crore.
This image of one of the 200 Nano’s that DC had earlier redesigned for a price tag of Rs.80,000 in collaboration with Carnation Auto. The Nano to be showcased at the Auto Expo will vary in design.
The DC Design Nano will feature:
- An engine upgrade to 1600cc from the stock 623cc
- Seven speed triptronic gearbox
- Top speed of 200kph
- Bigger 15″ wheels compared to the stock car’s 12″ ones
- Xenon headlamps with LED clusters
- Gull Wing doors
- Biometric door handles
- Panoramic windscreen
- Improved aerodynamics and polycarbonate glazed floor
- Interiors will be equipped with the latest in car technologies like internet facility, gaming equipment and navigation unit
- A LCD screen to watch movies
- Door mounted camera to check what’s happening at the rear end
According to Dilip Chhabria, the issue is not in selling such higly modified cars but in conceptualizing the design. He also said that all the modifications have carried out without making any alterations the Nano’s length. In order to accommodate all the features DC’s Nano has become a two seater from the original car which can seat five. Well, this surely is one Nano that all Indians would want to own and show off to the world.