Now, a Maruti Suzuki Ciaz sedan spy mule have been spotted in China and here are some images from the latest spotting of the upcoming upper-C segment contender.
The Ciaz would replace the SX4 sedan in our country and could be launched at a slightly higher price tag. If the concept model is anything to go by, the Ciaz will look not even a wee-bit similar to the SX4 sedan and we believe that the new car’s exterior design will come across as more appealing than that of Maruti’s current upper C segment contender.
On the inside, the car would borrow plenty from the SX4 and the Ertiga and we expect the car to feature a similar steering wheel and aircon vents. The features list of the YL1 is likely to include 15 inch alloy wheels, keyless entry, push button start, puddle lamps and leather seats.
The Ciaz is built on the same platform that underpins the Ertiga MPV and the upcoming model is also likely to share the MPV’s 1.4 ltr K Series petrol and the 1.3 Ltr VGT Multijet turbo diesel engine.
— Ciaz concept at Auto Expo 2014
As revealed earlier, the Ciaz will go on sale in in L, V and Z trim levels and here we have some details of these trim levels- .
- L and V variants will come shod with 185/60R15 spec tires
- Z variant has 195/55 R16 Tires
- Car will get rear A/C vents
- Car will have the same steering wheel that is found in the Ertiga
- Car will also get same audio controls too the same
- Z trim level will come with keyless Entry
- The V and Z will also get electronic folding mirrors
- L spec gets steel rims, V spec variant gets 15 inch alloys and Z spec gets 16 inch alloys
- 1.3 litre Multijet Diesel Engine gets Hydraulic Mounts and Heavy damping for Low NVH levels
- Rear Bench space in the league of Nissan Sunny/Scala
The Ciaz could very well change the fortunes of MSIL in upper C segment, where the carmaker is currenly lagging far behind the segment leaders..
Stay tuned to Motoroids for more updates on the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.
Spy images courtesy: Auto.163.com