As we told you earlier, BMW has now launched the 2011 model of its popular X5 SUV, in India. The X5 has been launched in two variants – the xDrive30d and the xDrive50i. The xDrive30d is powered a 3.0-litre diesel engine that produces power in the range of 245hp and torque in the range of 540Nm. According to BMW, the 53-lakh rupee xDrive30d manages a 0-100 km/h sprint of 7.6 seconds. Priced at Rs. 69.5-lakh, the top of the line X5 xDrive50i is powered by a 5.0-litre V8 petrol engine that dispenses 407hp and 600Nm! Even with all the bulk, the V8 manages to propel this X5 variant from naught to 100 km/h in 5.5 seconds.
The new X5 also follows a refreshed design with new front/rear bumpers, head and taillights, new fog lamps/positioning, tweaked interiors etc. The whole package looks decent in flesh but doesn’t come across as something too different from the outgoing X5. The X5 variants launched today will be imported as completely built units with bookings commencing immediately. BMW India will start deliveries from October 2010.
LIVE UPDATES FROM THE LAUNCH:
– BMW India will foray into the ‘pre-owned BMW cars’ business in 2011
– BMW will invest Rs. 180 crores by mid-2011 for capacity expansion
– BMW will also foray into Car Finance and Car Insurance businesses by 2011
– From today BMW will start the second wave of their offensive in the Indian market
– BMW to launch the X1 Crossover in India soon (CLICK HERE TO SEE THE SPY SHOTS)