BMW India will launch BMW Navigation Professional as standard feature on all BMW 7 Series models from 01 November 2010. Designed to operate through the on-board iDrive control with integrated GPS, and a full-colour 10.2-inch high-resolution display, instrument cluster and rear-seat navigation control, the new feature will make life easier for drivers. First to be introduced in the BMW 7 Series, the sat-nav system will subsequently be offered in other BMW models.
BMW Navigation Professional is said to be easy to operate and guides you quickly to your desired destination. The destination can be entered using the iDrive or voice control, which is available as an option. A variety of entry formats for destination entry are available that include PIN (Postal Identification Number) intuitive spelling entry and previous destinations. A digital map of the area can be viewed with a zoom function on the high-resolution display. Instructions are given visually as easy-to-follow arrows and/or as clear verbal instructions over the sound system.
BMW India dealership locations and contact details are also mapped in the BMW Navigation Professional to provide easy access for after sales and service across all locations in India.
BMW India has engaged the services of CE Info Systems Private Limited, under the brand MapmyIndia. Map updates will be available at BMW India dealerships twice a year keeping the data current and more comprehensive with enhanced navigable attributes like one-way, turn restrictions etc. and more number of cities at a detailed level.
Standard Features in BMW Navigation Professional include:
- Fixed, full-colour 10.2″ display with1280x480 pixel resolution
- Intuitive operation with BMW iDrive controller with direct-selection buttons
- Extended 9.2″ info display in the instrument cluster
- Hard-disc supported system including 12 GB memory
- BMW Radio Professional with tuner
- Anti-dazzle monitor with split-screen function (navigation system/on-board computer)
- GPS assisted orientation
- Perspective and of Direction destination mapping options
- Optional Features available are Voice control for navigation functions, TV Function and Head-up display.
Dr. Andreas Schaaf, President, BMW India said, “BMW was the first manufacturer in Europe to launch an integrated navigation system for a series vehicle in 1994 which formed one of the foundation stones for innovative systems to network vehicles with their surrounding environment.The BMW Navigation Professional continues to set the benchmark in the luxury car segment in India by offering integrated navigation system as a standard feature”.