Only few hours back, we posted spy pics of the upcoming Bajaj Pulsar 200SS, test mules of which have been spotted in Ooty. Now, we have a couple of more spy pics of the soon-to-be-launched fully faired Pulsar variant.
While some of you might want to feel that these test mules are of the rumoured P375, the fact that the bike were seen testing along with the 200NS (and sport similar rubber) is enough to hint that these test mules are powered by a 200cc engine.
It is very likely that the 200SS will be unveiled at the 2014 Indian Auto Expo, which will be held in February 2014.
Here is what all the spy pics of the 200SS have revealed:
- Unlike the 200NS, the 200SS could come with a short stubby exhaust on the right. At least that is what the exhaust on the test bike makes us believe.
- Most of the panels WON’T be shared with the 200NS
- The bike has raised clip ons, which should be loved by the tourer
- Trafficators look similar to that of the Duke and might be LED units
- Earlier spy pics reveal that the bike will come with Steel braided brake hoses
- The upcoming bike’s front fairing boasts of a windscreen that has been set upright and would reduce wind drag to the rider
- The bike would come with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS rings shown by earlier spy pics)
- RVMs seem to be much more practical than those of the Pulsar 220S
- Suspension shared with the 200NS
- The upcoming Bajaj Pulsar 200SS would come with twin projector headlamps.
The P200NS is powered by a four valve, four stroke, single pot 200cc motor that has a peak power-torque of 23.5 PS-1.86 kgm. The engine comes mated to a six speed gearbox. For the 200SS though, we expect that the engine has been tuned for at least 24PS of max power. The motor could dump the carb. in favor of a FI unit.
We feel that the Bajaj Pulsar 200SS, which will be a Yamaha R15 V2.0 and Honda CBR150R adversary, would be only slightly pricier than the 200NS and could have an on-road price of approx INR 1.10 lakhs.
Won’t the Pulsar 200SS be the perfect successor to the dated Pulsar 220 DTSi? What do you think? Do let us know by commenting below.
Stay tuned to Motoroids for more updates on the upcoming Bajaj Pulsar 200SS.