India’s largest car maker will unveil their Baby SUV, the Vitara Brezza at the 2016 Auto Expo today. Competing against the Hyundai Creta, the Ford Ecosport and similar competition, the pint sized SUV will be unveiled shortly. Stay tuned for live updates, as this post will be updated real time, straight from the Expo.
- Powered by DDIS 200 diesel engine, mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. Petrol variant to be offered in the future.
- Length 3995 mm, Width 1790 mm
- Power 88.5 bhp/ 4000 rpm
- Torque 200 Nm / 1750 rpm
- Boot Space* 328 Litres
- Minimum Ground Clearance 198 mm
- Tyre Size 215/60R16
- Vitara Brezza has been conceptualized, designed and developed in India using a Suzuki global platform and engine
- Customers can enjoy custom car experience straight from the showroom. On offer are theme based options- Glamour, Urban, Sporty – that match the personality of the customer
- First-in-class features – ‘Bull Horn’ shaped LED light guides with projector headlamps and rear combination lamp, unique cockpit style instrument cluster with mood lights, large and wide tyres and SMARTPLAY infotainment.
- The Vitara Brezza Vitara Brezza meets offset and side impact crash tests that will come into force in India in 2017. Driver airbag is standard. Front passenger airbag and ABS with EBD is offered as an option from the base variant.
8:44 AM: Some images from the cabin
The President and COO of Suzuki Motor Corp, Toshihiro Suzuki takes center stage. Completing 100 years in 2020, Mr Suzuki mentioned their new plant in Gujarat as a part of their ‘Next 100’ project for the next 5 years.