Nissan Evalia facelift has been showcased at the Auto Expo 2014. The updated model comes with a host of enhancements, which will be offered to customers as standard fitment.
Nissan updated the Evalia in October 2013 with sliding windows on the middle row, sliding/reclining captain seats in the middle row and 15-inch alloy wheels in the top of the line XV variant.
The new Evalia also gets a refresh on the inside with wood trim cluster, new map lamps for 3rd row passengers and better fitting carpets. It retains features like roof AC with vents in both second and third row, in-dash 2-din audio system with USB connectivity, rear wiper, rear defogger, anti-glare internal rear view mirror, front row assist grip and glove box lid.
Exterior changes to the Evalia include an aggressive and stylish new grille and rich chrome finisher on the tailgate.
The changes come as a part of Nissan’s customer centric approach and the brand’s endeavour of constantly improving its products by incorporating customer voice inputs.
Premiered at the 2012 Auto Expo and launched in September 2012 in India, Evalia is based on Nissan’s globally proven ‘B’ platform and incorporates a range of innovative features responding to the needs customers. These include –
- 1.5 L 4-cylinder engine, with intercooler and a 5-speed gearbox, engineered to enhance the emission performance and fuel efficiency
- ABS+EBD, Electric controlled ORVM & follow me home headlamps as standard in all variants
- Best in class turning radius of 5.2m to ensure easy manoeuvrability and convenient parking into tight city spaces
- Reverse parking camera with colour monitor in Instrument panel, first time in India
- Ergonomically placed gear lever on dash
- Fold-down tables with built-in cup holders for those en-route snacks
- Wide frontal visibility and high driving position
- Sliding doors with entry step and grab handles, providing easy entry and exit
- Attractive and easy-to-clean seat fabric
- A 12V electrical outlet to plug in games or laptops
- Intelligent Key: doors are easily locked/unlocked without inserting a key and smart start mechanism
- Flexible and multi-folding seat options for versatile use
- Glovebox lid
- Roof mounted AC
- 3rd row map lamps
- Wood finish inserts in the centre console
- Split open Euro windows on the rear sliding doors
- Sliding/reclining captain seats in the middle row
- 15-inch alloy wheels
- 2-din audio system with USB connectivity
- Rear wiper
- Rear defogger
- Anti-glare internal rearview mirror
- Front row assist grip
All of Evalia’s four grades have high levels of active and passive safety and advanced features that are designed to enhance both the driving and ownership experiences. These include Anti-Lock Breaking System (ABS), Electronic Break-force Distribution (EBD), Break Assist (BA), Engine Immobilizer and Airbags (except base grade). The sliding doors reduce the risk of pedestrians, cyclists and other motorists getting struck by doors opening unexpectedly and ensure easier ingress/egress.