Audi India, the Indian subsidiary of the popular German luxury car manufacturer, today introduced the Audi R8 V10 plus at INR 2, 05, 95,000 onwards (ex-showroom Maharashtra). This new member in the R8 family will be the flagship model in the product line-up, with a totally new 7-speed S tronic. Propelled by a powerful V10 plus engine with 404 kW (550 hp) and featuring new dynamic turn signals, new single-frame grille and Audi’s pioneering Audi Space Frame (ASF) technology, the super sportscar is capable of reaching 100kmph from standstill in just 3.5 seconds with a top speed of 317 km/h.
“With its sporty and powerful identity, spontaneous responsiveness and extraordinarily high revving, this new member of the R8 family, the V10 plus is the ideal high performance coupé which truly embodies progressiveness and superior performance. With this second addition to the R8 family in 2013, after the launch of new Audi R8 V10 in January, Audi now offers a whole range of R8 options in India. I am confident that this high performance super sports car will allow us to further build upon our leadership position in the super sports car segment in India and maintain the iconic position of the R8 in India,”said Michael Perschke, Head, Audi India.
“The year has started for us with the successful launches of the new Audi Q5, the new Audi R8, the 2.0 TFSI variant for the Q3 and further expansion of our reach with opening of Audi Mumbai South and Audi Lucknow. Our sale of 775 cars in February signifies our growing appeal amidst the luxury car customers. We are constantly enhancing our product line, network growth and creating wider brand awareness; this is creating a larger customer base and is reflecting clearly in our sales. Our growth strategy is finding resonance with discerning luxury customers in India. Going forward this year, we will see couple of our performance cars from the global portfolio coming to India,” said Mr. Perschke.
“ The Audi R8 V10 plus is also the basis of the Audi R8 LMS ultra, which has won the brand more than 130 awards in the GT1 and GT3class worldwide including the famous 24 hours of Nurburgring, 24 hours of Spa and in 2013, the 24 hours of Sebring”, he added.
Audi R8 V10 plus at a glance
Body and design
– Lightweight, yet extremely stiff aluminum ASF body weighing just 210 kilograms in the Coupe
– Exterior design with new elements
– New all-LED headlights and dynamic turn signals in the rear standard with all models
– New top model R8 V10 plus with 404 kW (550 hp)
– R8 V10 plus performance figures: 0 – 100 km/h in 3.5 seconds, top speed 317 km/h
– V10 FSI engine with high-revving concept (up to 8700 rpm)
– New seven-speed S tronic
– S tronic with larger shift paddles on steering wheel and launch control function
– quattro permanent all-wheel drive with a rear-biased power distribution
– Aluminum double wishbone suspension
– Lightweight wave design brake discs; ceramic brakes optional, standard in R8 V10 plus
– 19-inch wheels, new rim designs
– Long wheelbase of 2.65 meters
– Comprehensive standard equipment, including all-LED headlights
– V10 Plus with Bang & Olufsen Sound System (standard)
– Most distinguishing feature is the monoposto
– R8 leather covered, multifunctional sport steering wheel with the rim flattened at the bottom(standard); sports the new R8 logo with the red rhombus
– Carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) on the exterior for the side-blades, exterior mirror housings, front spoiler and rear diffuser.
– Single-frame grille is painted in matt black and the bumpers are new