The year 2010 will be a witness to the 61st Formula One season. This year, the F1 season is will surely spectated by many racing fans across the globe as it marks the return of Micheal Schumacher to the world of Formula One. Here’s a brief compilation of the team’s pictures, driver info, car info and the race calender. You can start planning to keep the race days free from any commitment in advance.
The final 2010 season Formula calender was released by the World Motorsport Council on 11th December 2009. This year the championship will comprise of 19 races spread across the following countries:
- March 12-14th: Sakhir International Circuit: Bahrain
- March 26-28th: Albert Park, Melbourne: Australia
- April 2nd-4th: Sepang International Circuit: Malaysia
- April 16-18th: Shanghai International Circuit: China
- May 7-9th: Circuit de Catalunya: Spain
- May 13-16th: Monte-Carlo: Monaco
- May 28-30th: Istanbul Park: Turkey
- June 11-13th: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal: Canada
- June 25-27th: Valencia Street Circuit: Spain
- July 9-11th: British Silverstone: Great Britain
- July 23-25th: Hockenheimring: Germany
- July 30th-1st: Hungaroring: Hungary
- Aug 27-29th: Spa-Francorchamps: Belgium
- Sept 10-12th: Monza: Italy
- Sept 24-26th: Singapore: Singapore
- Oct 8-10th: Suzuka: Japan
- Oct 22-24th: Yeongam: Korea
- Nov 5-7th: Sao Paulo: Brazil
- Nov 12-14th: Yas Marina Abu Dhabi
The following are the FIA engine regulations that all teams must adhere to.
- Capacity: 2.4 litres
- Cylinders: 8
- Maximum rpm: 18,000 (maximum FIA regulation)
- Bank angle: 90°
- Piston bore: 98mm (maximum FIA regulation)
- No of valves: 32
- Weight: 95kg (minimum FIA regulation weight)
The following is a brief compilation of the pictures and details released by the current F1 teams prior to the commencement of the 2010 championship.
Team: Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro
- Engine: 056
- Drivers: Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa
- Chassis: Carbon-fibre and honeycomb composite structure
- Fuel: Shell V-Power
- Lubricant: Shell Helix Ultra
- Brakes: Brembo ventilated carbon-fibre disc brakes
- Suspension: Independent suspension, push-rod activated torsion springs front and rear
- Wheels: BBS
- Engine:RS27-2010 V8 engine installed as a fully-stressed member.
- Drivers: Robert Kubica and Vitaly Petrov
- Chassis: Moulded carbon fibre and aluminium honeycomb composite monocoque, manufactured by the Renault F1 Team and designed for maximum strength with minimum weight.
- Front suspension: Carbon fibre top and bottom wishbones operate an inboard rocker via a pushrod system. This is connected to a torsion bar and damper units which are mounted inside the front of the monocoque. Aluminium uprights and OZ machined magnesium wheels.
- Rear suspension: Carbon fibre top and bottom wishbones with pushrod operated torsion bars and transverse-mounted damper units mounted in the top of the gearbox casing. Aluminium uprights and OZ machined magnesium wheels.
- Transmission: Seven-speed semi-automatic titanium gearbox with reverse gear. “Quickshift” system in operation to maximise speed of gearshifts.
- Fuel system: Kevlar-reinforced rubber fuel cell by ATL.
- Cooling system: Separate oil and water radiators located in the car’s sidepods and cooled using airflow from the car’s forward motion.
- Electrical: MES-Microsoft Standard Electronic Control Unit.
- Braking system: Carbon discs and pads (Hitco); calipers and mastercylinders by AP Racing.
Team: Mercedes GP Petronas
- Engine: Mercedes-Benz FO108X
- Drivers: Micheal Schumacher, Nico Rosberg
- Chassis: Moulded carbon fibre and honeycomb composite structure
- Suspension: Wishbone and pushrod activated torsion springs and rockers
- Dampers: Sachs
- Brakes: Brembo calipers
- Electronics FIA standard ECU and FIA homologated electronic and electrical system
- Transmission: Seven speed unit with carbon composite maincase
Team: Red Bull Racing
- Drivers: Sebastian Vettel, Mark Webber
- Engine: renault engine rs 27-2010
- Chassis: Composite monocoque structure, designed and built in-house, carrying the Renault V8 engine as fully stressed member
- Transmission: Seven-speed gearbox, longitudinally mounted with hydraulic system for power shift and clutch operation. AP Racing clutch
- Wheels: OZ Racing, Front: 12.0in x 13in diam., Rear: 13.7in x 13in diam.
- Front: Aluminium alloy uprights, carbon-composite double wishbone with springs and anti-roll BAR, Multimatic dampers
- Rear: Aluminium alloy uprights, carbon-composite double wishbone with springs and anti-roll bar, Multimatic dampers
- Brakes: Brembo calipers, Brembo carbon discs and pads
- Electronics: FIA (MESL) standard control unit
- Fuel: Total Group
Team: Scuderia Torro Rosso
- Engine: Ferrari V8 Type 056
- Drivers: Sebastian Buemi, Jaime Alguersuari
- Weight: > 95 kg
- Injection: Magneti Marelli digital electronic injection
- Ignition: Magneti Marelli static electronic ignition
- Chassis: STR4, composite monocoque structure
- Front Suspension: Upper and lower carbon wishbones, push rod, torsion BAR springs and anti roll bars
- Rear Suspension: Upper and lower carbon wishbones, pull rod, torsion BAR springs and anti roll bars
- Dampers: Sachs
- Brake Calipers, pads and discs: Brembo
Team: Force India F1
- Engine: Mercedes Benz High Performance Engines V8 2.4-litre
- Drivers: Adrian Sutil, Vitantonio Liuzzi
- Chassis: Carbon fibre composite monocoque with Zylon legality side anti-intrusion panels.
- Front suspension: Aluminium uprights with carbon fibre composite wishbones, trackrod and pushrod. Inboard chassis mounted torsion springs, dampers and anti-roll bar assembly.
- Rear suspension: Aluminium uprights with carbon fibre composite wishbones, trackrod and pushrod. Inboard gearbox mounted torsion springs, dampers and anti-roll bar assembly.
- Transmission: McLaren Racing 7-speed, semi-automatic, ‘e-shift’
- Lubricants: Mobil 1 products
- Spark plugs: NGK
- Brake system: AP Racing
- Dampers: Penske
- Wheels: BBS
- Clutch: AP Racing carbon clutch
Team: Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
- Drivers: Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton
- Engine: Mercedes-Benz FO 108X
- Chassis: McLaren-moulded carbonfibre composite incorporating front and side impact structures
- Front suspension: Inboard torsion bar/damper system operated by pushrod and bell crank with a double wishbone arrangement
- Rear suspension: Inboard torsion bar/damper system operated by pushrod and bell crank with a double wishbone arrangement
- Suspension dampers: Koni
- Electronics: McLaren Electronic Systems control units incorporating electronics for chassis, engine and data acquisition. McLaren Electronic Systems also supplies the electronic dashboard, alternator voltage control, sensors, data analysis and telemetry systems
- Bodywork: Carbonfibre composite. Separate engine cover, sidepods and floor. Structural nose with intergral front wing. Paint solutions provided by AkzoNobel Car Refinishes using Sikkens Products
- Wheels: Enkei
- Brake calipers: Akebono
- Fuel: ExxonMobil High Performance Unleaded (5.75% bio fuel)
- Spark plugs: NGK racing spark plugs
Team: Williams AT & T
- Drivers: Rubens Barrichello, Nico Hulkenberg
- Engine: Cosworth CA 2010
Team: BMW Sauber F1
- Engine: Ferrari 056
- Drivers: Pedro de la Rosa, Kamui Kobayashi
- Chassis: Carbon-fibre monocoque
- Suspension: Upper and lower wishbones (front and rear), inboard springs and dampers, actuated by pushrods (Sachs Race Engineering)
- Brakes: Six-piston brake callipers (Brembo), carbon pads and discs (Brembo, Carbon Industries)
- Transmission: Ferrari Seven-speed quick shift gearbox, carbon, longitudinally mounted, carbon-fibre clutch
- Chassis electronics: MES
- Steering wheel: BMW Sauber F1 Team
- Tyres: Bridgestone Potenza
- Wheels: OZ
Team: Lotus F1 Racing
- Drivers: Jarno Trulli, Heikki Kovalainen
- Engine: Cosworth V8 CA 2010
- Gearbox: Xtrac
- Clutch: AP Carbon
- Brake Calipers: AP
Team: Virgin Racing
- Engine: Cosworth CA2010
- Drivers: Timo Glock, Lucas di Grassi
- Duty Cycle Type: 4 stroke reciprocating piston, normally aspirated
- Configuration: 8 cylinders in banked V configuration with an angle of 90 degrees
- Construction: Cast aluminium alloy cylinder block and head, forged aluminium pistons, steel crankshaft
- Timing: Double overhead cams driven via compliant gear from crankshaft
- Mass: In excess of 95kg
- Fuelling: 8 injectors supplied by a pressurized system at 100bar
- Ignition: 8 ignition coils each driving single spark plug
- Lubrication: Dry sump
- Spark Plugs: Champion
The remaining two teams namely Campos Meta and US F1 team have not revealed any information so far. The US F1 team has announced that Jose Maria Lopez will be one of their drivers. Campos Meta have confirmed Bruno Senna as one of their drivers for the 2010 F1 season.