Maruti Suzuki upgraded its A-star a few days back, and we brought to you a detailed report about the changes incorporated. The A-star, meant primarily for the European market has not quite been the success Maruti envisaged it to me for India. Small legroom in the backseat, small rear windows and inflexible bo0t-seat combo may have been some of the reasons why it didn’t click as well as expected. Maruti Suzuki also introduced an automatic variant of the car last year, which was received rather well by the customers and for the convenience it offers in the city, currently comprises 30% of the model’s total sales in India.
The new model adds new features to the car to make it a more lucrative proposition for those opting for the Hyundai i10. We got our hands on the car and shot all the new features in details. Here’s a list of the features of the new car, followed by its new price and an image gallery of all the features. Do let us know what you think of the new goodies.
- Revamped interiors – premium and sporty upmarket upholstery. The interiors are now done in two tone `grey and beige’ colors adding a bit more freshness to the package. The focus is to use colors which impart a feeling of airiness and space. Maruti Suzuki engineers have also worked on the front headrest and modified it to give a roomier feeling to the interiors.
- New 50-50 rear split seats have been introduced to enhance user convenience and storage space
- Useful and handy cubby holes, bottle holders have been created for passenger comfort and ease.
- There is a new integrated rear spoiler for sportiness
- Front seat head restraints reworked to give more spacious feeling
- ABS and Airbags now available as an option for the customers
- The sports new design alloy wheels
- Two new colours Pearl Caffeine Brown, Metallic Glistening Grey have been introduced
Here’s the price chart for the new A-star. All prices are ex-showroom Delhi.
- LXi 366,618
- VXi 397,268
- VXi AT 447,175
- ZXi 422,250
- ZXi (optional with ABS and Airbags) 440,503