We’ve been regularly updating our readers with fresh details on the upcoming 2014 Yamaha YZF R15 V3, spy images of which leaked a couple of days ago. Now, what we have here is a report on all known-differences between the V3 and the current model
Yamaha YZF R15 V3 vs Yamaha YZF R15 V2 (Visual Differences)-
Well, the upcoming 2014 Yamaha YZF 15 V3 looks much like the model is would soon replace. There have been no significant changes made to the bike’s styling and save for the new color schemes, a slightly different windscreen and a side stand. Other than these really minor visual changes, there is nothing to tell apart a YZF V3 from the current model.
Four new color schemes that the bike will come with include-
- Black and Golden
- Grey and Black (Different to current scheme)
- Red and White (Different to current scheme)
- Blue and White (Different to current scheme)
The bike also gets golden colored calipers for front and rear disc brakes.
Yamaha YZF R15 V3 vs Yamaha YZF R15 V2 (Mechanical Differences)-
Mechanical upgrades for the V3 have led to a slight increase in the R15s max power output, which now stands at 18 PS (vs 17 PS earlier). It has also bestowed the bike with a punchier mid-range, thereby making the bike more comfortable in stop-go traffic. While the bike gets a new torque curve, peak torque, at 15 Nm, remains unchanged.
Here is a list of mechanical updates that the bike would carry-
- New O2 sensor, FID (fast idle mechanism)
- New fuel pump
- New Crank angle sensor and new cam sensor
- New Intake air pressure sensor, new intake air temperature sensor and new throttle position sensor
- New FI system with new 6 hole injector and injector assembly
- New ECU
- New canister air vent
- Updated DiaSil cylinder head
- New Cylinder head cover
- New Coolant reservoir
- Automatic decompression
- New throttle bodies
- Shorter throttle cables
- Increased Catalyser size (45 mm to 53.5 mm)
- 2 stage type exhaust
- New CR9E spark plug (vs CR8E)
- New single phase AC Magnet and RR unit
- New Rotor assembly
- Sealed type fuel tank cap
- Fuel tank rollover valve
Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Launch
Our sources tell us that many Yamaha Motor India dealers have already received the first batch of the updated bike and the new 2014 Yamaha YZF R15 V3.0 launch date would fall in April, 2014.
Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Price
New Yamaha R15 V3 price, in all chances, would be same as that of the current model. This means that the updated bike would have an ex-showroom price of around INR 1.15 Lakhs.