With smartphones connecting millions of people and bringing them right in your palm, car manufacturers, too, are taking advantage of these connectivity options. Today, almost every manufacturer offering an app to make after-sales services an even smoother experience. The latest manufacturer to join this bandwagon is our very own Tata Motors. So far the app has been downloaded by over 2.5 lakh customers (Android+IOS) and has received an Android rating of 3.9/5. This app is backed by a robust service infrastructure that has helped Tata Motors secure the second spot in the JD Power CSI study for two consecutive years.
The app can be used for obtaining a host of information, including chassis information, warranty/AMC and insurance benefits in a single page. It also will act like an organizer and offers the provision to keep scanned copies of important documents of the vehicle handy. Through this app, a customer will get notifications on the latest news, offers, schemes, service camps, new products etc. Below a detailed breakdown of all the features of the car.
Reminder and Grievances
- Set vehicle specific reminders in the app to send notifications on important activities like book a service, PUC and insurance renewal, replacement of batteries and tyres etc.
- Get basic maintenance tips for a Tata vehicle through this app.
- Information on basic troubleshooting and maintenance for the upkeep of a vehicle now on fingertips.
- Raise grievances, provide feedback on generic services or on post service repairs on this app.
- Provides all information on locations of Tata Motors’ wide service dealer network.
- If a customer is stuck due to a breakdown, the location can be shared with the call centre to help them prepare a service team for rapid assistance.
- This app helps a user to save the GPS location of a vehicle in a crowded parking. The customer can use the facility to further locate themselves with respect to their parked vehicle.
- Tracking the traffic conditions is another important feature which helps customers in their daily commute.
Vehicle service and financial expenditures
- Conveniently book the next scheduled service, with just a click.
- Information on the booked history through this app is also made available in a single page for the customer to track the service need of his/her vehicle.
- One can set a reminder for the booking of the next service of their vehicle.
- In the booking archives, one can view the detailed service history (Labour/Parts replaced) which helps in planning the next service better.
- Tracking the financial spends on service is an important aspect that most car buyers calculate manually before and after putting their cars through service. This app comes to the rescue of such customers as they can see the graphical and tabular view of year-wise service expenditure in the app. Another important feature this app offers is the service cost calculator which can be used to get an estimate of the next scheduled service.