Suzuki Motorcycle India hosted the third round of the Suzuki Gixxer Cup at the Madras Motor Race Track in Chennai from August 7 to August 9. Round 3 of the Gixxer Cup was the scene of stiff competition amongst racers in both the Open Class and Novice categories. Vivian Gladwin David clocked 2:10.686 on his Gixxer SF, making it among the best lap times ever by any One Make Race manufacturer on this circuit!
Ananth Raj upped his game in the Open Class (over 23 years) category, taking both wins and converting his 12 point deficit into an 11 point lead over his arch rival, Abhishek V. Both Open Class races were fought neck to neck with the top five riders swapping positions at every corner, making them the most exciting races of the weekend! To make things even more interesting for the coming rounds, the race ended with 3 riders in a tie for the 3rdposition in the championship.
The Novice Class (under 23 years) was equally exciting, as the top two contenders – Vishwadev Muraleedharan and Amarnath Menon clocked one win each, leaving Antony Peter and Sreejith PR to battle it out for the final spot on the podium. Both races were closely fought, with the top 3 riders locked in fierce competition. At the end of the day, Vishwadev held a mere 2 point lead on Amarnath, making for a thrilling Round 3.
The star winners of the Suzuki Gixxer Cup Round 3 Novice and Open categories were:
1. Open Race 1
- 1st: Ananth Raj 13:19.429
- 2nd: Sathish Kumar 13:20.313
- 3rd: Abhishek V 13:20.505
- Best Lap: Vivian Gladwin David 2:10.686 (102.4 kmph)
2. Open Race 2
- 1st: Ananth Raj 13:24.292
- 2nd: MekaVidhuraj 13:25.318
- 3rd: Vivian Gladwin David 13:25.928
- Best Lap: Ananth Raj 2:11.716 (101.6 kmph)
3. Novice Race 1
Laps: 6 (Small Lap)
- 1st: Vishwadev Muraleedharan 7:48.692
- 2nd: Antony Peter 7:55.826
- 3rd: Sreejith PR 7:56.170
- Best Lap: Amarnath Menon 1:16.541 (98.8 kmph)
4. Novice Race 2
Laps: 6 (Small Lap)
- 1st: Amarnath Menon 7:49.736
- 2nd: Vishwadev Muraleedharan 7:50.205
- 3rd: Antony Peter 7:50.328
- Best Lap: Vishwadev Muraleedharan 1:16.633 (98.7 kmph)
Round 4 of the Suzuki Gixxer Cup will be held during the weekend of 4th – 6th September, at the Madras Motor Race Track in Chennai. Stay tuned for more updates.