We reported in detail when the 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 aka Café Racer was spotted testing in Bangalore recently. Official word is now out that Royal Enfield Continental GT launch event will be held in India between Nov 25 and 28. (You read it first on Motoroids.com!)
The much hyped Continental GT 535 aka Cafe Racer is the fastest production Royal Enfield ever. Not just that, it is also the lightest and arguably the sportiest RE for the masses.
Powering the new Royal Enfield Continental GT is a 535cc, fuel injected, air cooled, single pot motor that delivers a max power of 29.1 BHP. Peak torque of 44 Nm is developed at 4000 RPM. The engine comes mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
Suspension duties are courtesy telescopic forks at front and Paioli twin gas-charged shock absorbers at the rear. The Conti GT rides on 18 inch spoke wheels, which are shod with Pirelli Sport Demon tyres. Braking comes from a 300mm floating Brembo disc brake setup up front and a 240 mm disc brake at the rear.
It is expected that the 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 aka Cafe Racer would go on sale in India with a sticker price of INR 2 lakhs.
Go to next page for Royal Enfield Continental GT pics and specs
Royal Enfield Continental GT specifications
- Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 4 stroke, Air cooled
- Displacement: 535 cc
- Bore x stroke: 87mm x 90mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.5:1
- Maximum Power: 29.1 BHP (21.4 kW) @ 5100 RPM
- Maximum Torque: 44 Nm @ 4000 RPM
- Ignition System: Digital Electronic Ignition
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 5 Speed Constant Mesh
- Lubrication: Wet sump Engine Oil: 15 W 50 API, SL Grade JASO MA
- Fuel Supply: Keihin Electronic Fuel Injection
- Air Filter: Paper Element
- Engine Start: Electric & Kick
- Chassis Type: Twin downtube cradle frame
- Front suspension: Telescopic, 41mm forks, 110mm travel
- Rear suspension: Paioli twin gas charged shock absorbers with adjustable preload, 80 mm travel
- Wheelbase: 1360 mm
- Ground Clearance: 140 mm
- Length: 2060 mm Width: 760 mm ( Without Mirrors) Height: 1070 mm ( Without Mirrors)
- Seat Height: 800 mm
- Front Tyre: 100/90-18, 56 H Pirelli Sport Demon
- Rear Tyre: 130/70-18, 63 H Pirelli Sport Demon
- Front Brake: Brembo 300 mm Floating disc, 2-Piston floating caliper
- Rear Brake: 240 mm Disc, Single piston floating caliper
- Kerb Weight-(90% Fuel+Oil) – 184 Kgs
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 13.5 L
- Electrical System: 12 volt – DC Battery: 12 volt, 14 Ah
- Head Lamps: 12V H4 60 / 55 W
- GT Tail Lamp: 12V 21W/5W Turn Signal Lamp: 12V 10 W (4 Nos.)
Stay tuned to Motoroids for more updates on the 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT India launch and other details.