BMW India will be launching the 2015 X3 facelift on 28th of this month. The second gen X3 has been on sale in India from 2011 and the X3 will get a refresh after 3 years. The refreshed X3 made its public debut at the Geneva Motor Show this year. The facelifted model gets some minor design and additional equipment.
The 2015 BMW X3 facelift gets the following changes :
- Refreshed front and rear bumpers
- New front grille
- Larger headlamps
- Cup holders
- Redesigned center console
- New leather wrapped steering
- Sat Nav with integrated touchpad for the iDrive interface
- Heads up display
- Park assist
- Electric opening bootlid
- New alloy wheel design
On the mechanical front, the 2015 X3 gets a minor bump on power for the model which is powered by the 2.0 liter diesel engine. The engine now makes 187 bhp and 400 Nm of peak torque. The bigger 6 cylilnder 3.0 liter motor remains unchanged and churns out 258 bhp and 560 Nm of peak torque. Both the motors come connected to an eight speed automatic transmission.
Equipment on the 2015 BMW X3 includes :
- Leatherette upholstery
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- 12-speaker AM/FM/CD audio system with HD radio along with AUX and USB inputs
- Bluetooth connectivity
- A power liftgate
- Automatic windshield wipers
- Auto on/off headlights
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Interior ambiance lighting
- Auto dimming exterior and interior mirrors
- A universal garage door opener
- 40/20/40 split-folding rear seats
BMW India sells the X3 via the CKD route and the facelifted model will also be assembled at its Chennai facility.
Stay tuned to Motoroids for more updates on the 2015 BMW X3 India launch.