Regulars here would know that we reported in great detail when the 2014 BMW 5 Series facelift, LCI (Life Cycle Impulse) in BMW speak, was unveiled. The new 2014 5 Series facelift is already on sale in several markets across the globe and the car finally stepped into Indian luxury car segment today. The new 2014 BMW 5 Series facelift has gone on sale for a starting price of INR 46.90 lakhs
The launch event is being streamed LIVE on BMW India’s official page and those interesting can click here.
The new BMW 5 Series facelift has been launched with three diesel engine options and comes in three trim levels.
Variant wise price list is as follows-
- BMW 520d Modern @ INR 46.90 Lakhs
- BMW 520d Luxury @ INR 46.90 Lakhs
- BMW 525d Luxury @ INR 51.90 Lakhs
- BMW 530d M Sport @ INR 57.90 Lakhs
All the three BMW 5 Series engines are equipped with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology.
- The BMW TwinPower Turbo inline six-cylinder diesel engine in the BMW 530d M Sport, with a 3.0 litre capacity, develops 258 hp of max power and 540 Nm of peak torque. The sprint from 0 to 100 km/h takes 5.8 seconds and top speed is 250 km/h.
- The BMW TwinPower Turbo four-cylinder diesel engine in the BMW 525d, with a 2.0 litre capacity, develops 218 hp of max power and 450 Nm of peak torque. The sprint from 0 to 100 km/h takes 6.9 seconds and top speed is 243 km/h.
- The BMW TwinPower Turbo four-cylinder diesel engine in the BMW 520d, with a 2.0 litre capacity, develops 184 hp of max power and 380 Nm of peak torque. The sprint from 0 to 100 km/h takes 7.9 seconds and top speed is 231 km/h.
All the engines come mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.
All models of the new BMW 5 Series feature the ECO PRO mode as standard, enabling efficient driving and reduced fuel consumption. Using the Driving Experience Control switch, the driver is able to choose between different driving modes to suit the driving conditions (ECO PRO, Comfort, Sport and Sport+). #Sport+ available only in the BMW 525d and BMW 530d.
It may be noted that BMW India, which ruled over our car market’s luxury car segment until the advent of this fiscal, is now lagging behind both Mercedes Benz and Audi India. Hence, the 5’er facelift could help the Indian subsidiary of Bavarian car maker with regaining its lead over the other two German luxury car makers.
Visually, the 2014 BMW 5 Series facelift carries really subtle changes which include Xenon headlights, LED foglights and slightly revised rear bumper.
Speaking on the launch, Mr. Philipp von Sahr, President, BMW Group India., said,“The new BMW 5 Series is the ‘Most Advanced BMW 5 Series Ever’ – a vehicle in which perfection is a given. The new BMW 5 Series contains all the signature ingredients of a best-selling model at the premium end of the executive segment. Precise modifications to the cars’ design, extensive engine range and innovative additions to the range of available equipment as well as BMW ConnectedDrive technology all achieve the best possible results, in every way.”
The 2014 BMW 5 Series facelift GALLERY on the NEXT PAGE