Mercedes-Benz India have launched the new G63 AMG in India at the price of Rs 1.45 Crore. The iconic off-roader is the oldest production car in the M-B stable as of now. Featuring a body on frame chassis and a traditional boxy styling, the G-Wagen has remained largely unchanged for decades now, and is still counted as one of the most capable off-roaders on the planet. The AMG variant takes the madness to a whole new level with its crazy power and manic performance.
The new G63 AMG will replace the G55 AMG in India. Powering the new G63 AMG is a 5.5L V8 gasoline engine that has a max power output of 544 PS@5500rpm and a peak torque figure of 760 Nm@5000rpm. Mated to this engine is the AMG Speedshift Plus 7G-TRONIC seven speed transmission. M-B is claiming a 0-100km/h acceleration time of 5.4second a seriously quick time for a vehicle this big and heavy
The 2013 Mercedes G63 AMG comes with a long list of features that includes the ECO Start/Stop function, AMG high performance brakes, AMG Sport Exhaust System, ESP, HOLD and ESELECT.
Inside the tough looking exteriors is an interior that comes draped in luxurious designer leather upholstery and is loaded with all sorts of gizmos that one may expect inside a high end SUV.
Mercedes G63 Specifications:
• Engine type Twin-turbocharged, direct-injected V8, gasoline with auto stop-start
• Displacement (cc/cu-in) 5,461/333
• Block/head material Aluminum/aluminum
• Valvetrain DOHC, four valves per cylinder, variable intake + exhaust-valve timing
• Compression ratio (x:1) 10.0
• Horsepower (hp @ rpm) 536 @ 5,500
• Torque (lb-ft @ rpm) 560 @ 2,000-5,000
• Transmission type Seven-speed automatic
• Suspension, front Solid live axle, coil springs, gas-pressurized shocks
• Suspension, rear Solid live axle, coil springs, gas-pressurized shocks
• Wheel size 20 inches front and rear
• Brakes, front 14.8-inch ventilated disc with six-piston fixed calipers
• Brakes, rear 13-inch ventilated disc with single-piston sliding calipers
On the outside, the G63 has the following changes
• New metallic paint
• AMG radiator grille with chromed twin louvers
• AMG wheel-arch flaring with ‘V8 BITURBO’ logo
• AMG exhaust system with twin chromed side tailpipes
• AMG 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels in Titanium Grey with red painted brake calipers
• 275/50 R20 tyres
• Standard-fit Exterior Stainless Steel package.
• Illuminated AMG stainless steel door sill panels
• Designo leather seats
• Leather-trimmed dashboard
• Multi-function steering wheel and door centre panels in ruffled leather
• Headlining in anthracite Alcantara
• Ambient lighting possibilities
• The interior can also be specified with carbon-fibre trim.
In its 34th year of series production, the G-Class stars in the ‘A Good Day to Die-Hard’ featuring Bruce Willis as the iconoclastic, take-no-prisoner cop John McClane. The G class has been featured in the movie for spectacular car chases through Moscow in the movie. The G63 AMG launch is also the platform to announce the premier of the much awaited movie.
Eberhard Kern, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented, “The G-class’ cult status makes it the vehicle of choice of world leaders and celebrities alike. The G 63 AMG reconciles an involving, compelling driving experience with performance, functionality and timeless appeal which is exceptional in this vehicle class. We are excited to introduce the G 63 AMG for the discerning Indian customers.”
Vijay Singh, CEO, Fox Star Studio India commented, “We are extremely proud to present the latest and fifth edition of Die Hard series, ‘A Good Day to Die Hard’, to the fans across India. What makes this moment truly special is our in film association with an entire fleet of Mercedes-Benz. The audience experience is bound to reach a new height when they witness spectacular car chases and stunts, that keep the never say die spirit of Die Hard intact with a touch of class of Mercedes-Benz.”