Following the BMW Group’s sustainability strategy and parallel to BMW i in the automobile sector, BMW Motorrad moved into the field of electric mobility back in 2012, putting forward a convincing statement in the form of the C evolution e-scooter. BMW Motorrad has now unveiled the updated version of its electric scooter, the C Evolution. The electric scooter features new generation of batteries with a cell capacity of 94 Ah, as used in the current BMW i3.
The new C evolution is available in two variants in future – the Long Range version and the European version that meets the requirements for the A1 driving licence. A new charge cable, with a smaller diameter, is now included as standard. New optional accessories such as the smartphone cradle also mean there are now many more ways to customise the BMW C evolution.
The new C evolution Long Range gets continuous output of 19 kW (26 hp), 8 kW (11 hp) more than its predecessor, while the range has been significantly extended to approximately 160 kilometres. The top speed of this electric scooter is electronically limited to 129 km/h. In the A1 driving licence version (Europe only), the new C evolution has an output of 11 kW (15 hp). The range here is around 100 kilometres, with a top speed of 120 km/h.
The new BMW C evolution also gets refined visual appearance. Both versions of the new C evolution are available in the new paint finish Ionic Silver metallic / Electric Green, combined with the contrasting colour Blackstorm metallic. A new graphic has also been added to the centre tunnel trim in the Long Range version.
Check out the new C evolution in a glance through the highlights below:
- Innovative electric drive via drivetrain swing arm with liquid-cooled e‑motor, tooth belt and planetary gear.
- Significantly increased range due to enlarged battery cell capacity of 94 Ah (previously 60 Ah).
- Long Range version: 19 kW (26 hp) continuous output and 35 kW (48 hp) peak output. Top speed 129 km/h, range approx. 160 km.
- A1 driving licence version (Europe only): 11 kW (15 hp) continuous output and 35 kW (48 hp) peak output. Top speed 120 km/h, range approx. 100 km.
- Intelligent recuperation in coasting mode and when braking.
- Standard charge cable with smaller diameter.
- Short charging times possible.
- Synergy effects with BMW automobiles and electrical safety according to car standards.
- Hybrid chassis with agile handling due to low centre of gravity.
- Powerful braking system with ABS.
- Extensive range of standard features including multifunctional TFT instrument cluster, LED daytime running light, LED turn indicators, several riding modes, reverse assist and Torque Control Assist (TCA).
- New paint finishes Ionic Silver metallic / Electric Green.
- High-end details such as tinted windshield and colour seat seams.
Check out the electric scooter in detailed images below. Do let us know your views through the comments section below.