Indian automobile industry suffered sluggish sales after fall in the economy. Manufacturers have ever since been trying to attract customers through heavy discounts and better after sales services. Mahindra, in an attempt to woo customers, has introduced extended warranty on the XUV500. This news was confirmed by Mahindra dealers.
Before the announcement, owners of the Mahindra XUV500 had to make do with the standard 3 year / 1,00,000 kms warranty. This move by Mahindra reassures the owners about warranty support backing the various niggles that they may face with their vehicles.
Extended Warranty Options Offered:
- 4th year / 1,20,000 kms: costing approximately Rs. 13,000 – Rs. 16,000
- 4th and 5th year / 1,50,000 kms: costing approximately Rs. 21,000 – Rs. 23,000
The extended warranty will be offered on all models of the XUV500.
Along with this extended warranty, Mahindra is also offering an extended roadside assistance package partnering with Bajaj Allianz for upto 5 years. Some of the additional services provided apart from 24×7 roadside assistance are:
- Flatbed towing service free of charge to the nearest Mahindra service centre
- Taxi charges for the customer till the closest service station
- Up to 5 litres of free fuel, in case the car runs out of diesel
We are not certain to what extent this will help Mahindra boost the sales of the XUV500. But with offers like these making way, Indian customers will witness some sweet times in coming days.
Stay tuned into Motoroids for more such updates as and when they arrive. Do share your comments about the extended warranty offered by Mahindra.