Mahindra Reva launched their much awaited E2O (EE two Oh) EV today in Delhi. The new vehicle, powered by Li-ion batteries, is expected by Mahindra Reva to create a revolution of sorts in the Indian automotive landscape, where we don’t have any passenger EVs as of now. Here we have the highlights of the car, as uncovered during the launch event.
The car will be launched in 8 cities initially via 29 dealerships, and will later be introduced to more towns. The price in Delhi would be cheaper than any other states, as Delhi has special subsidies for EV’s. We will update the post with the prices for other cities shortly
Powered by lead-acid batteries, 4 times lighter and 3 times longer lasting than conventional lead acid batteries
• The E2O is based on 4 Cs according to Mahindra Reva – Clean, convenient, connected, cost-effective
• Powered by a 3 phase Induction Motor with about 26 PS of power at 3750 rpm and 53 Nm of torque between 0 to 3400 rpm
• Front disc, rear drum brake setup
• 155 / 70 rR13 tyres
• Top speed: 81 km/h
• Range: 100km on one full charge under test conditions
• Charging time: 5 hours to full charge, 1 hour for 20km range from a 220V, 15 Amp socket
• Comes with a device with a sim which can connect with your cellphone via satellite, works with Android phones, iPhone and blackberry devices
• Using the system, you can lock, or unlock the car from anywhere, so if you forgot to lock the car, you can still lock it from the comfort of your office.
• You can turn the A/C or heater on remotely with the press of a button, or schedule it. Helpful in overly hot or cold days
• There is a revive feature when you run out of charge. Pressing a button on your cellphone, you get an extra 8-9 km of range when the battery runs out of juice. Meant for emergencies only.
• The E2O features 10 on-board computers, all of them connected to the car’s energy management system, which sits at the core of the set-up.
• 6.2 inch touchscreen on dashboard with ipod, USB and DVD playability. The screen is also connected with the energy management system, to let you know critical details such as distance to empty charge, health diagnostics etc
• A GPS navigation system hads been integrated into the screen, which not just navigates you, but also lets you know the charging points available in the vicinity
• The E2O features Kers like energy recuperation system, which generates energy on application of brakes as well as while coasting, extending the car’s range
• No gears, no clutch, fully automatic
• Smallest turning radius with 3.9 meters.
• Hill hold function
• Reverse Camera
• Follow me home headlamps
• Bluetooth connectivity
• Foldable seats
• Projector headlamps
• LED tail lamps
• Scissor wipers
• Rear defogger
• Electric ORVMs
• 4 JBL speakers and 2 tweeters
• You get a personal web page for your car
• Brushless A/C induction motors – quick off the block, good acceleration
• Cleanest car production plant for the E2O – 35% energy at the plant is sourced through sun
• Cars when produced get their first charge from solar energy
Key features, as per the brochure
Mahindra Reva E20 technical specifications