Hero and Magneti Marelli inaugurate fuel injection development and production center

Hero Motorcorp and Magneti Marelli inaugurate their fuel injection system - EFI development and production center in Manesar, Haryana

Added in: Hero MotoCorp

hero Motocorp - Magnetti Marelli (1)

HMC-MM Auto Ltd, the Joint Venture between Hero MotoCorp Ltd. (HMCL) and Milan (Italy)-headquartered MagnetiMarelli (MM), today inaugurated its first autonomous ‘Production and Development Centre’ at Manesar in the north Indian state of Haryana. The new set up is targeted to develop and produce next generation two wheeler fuel injection systems.

With this development, Hero Motocorp is all set to become the first Indian two-wheeler manufacturer to have an EFI product line of its own.

HMCL entered into a Joint Venture with Magneti Marelli to form a new entity “HMC-MM Auto Ltd” in December 2013. The JV is an important investment for Hero to develop and build EFI systems for its new generation motorcycles and scooters. HMCL holds majority stake of 60 per cent in “HMC-MM Auto Ltd” while Magneti Marelli holds the rest 40 per cent.

EFI powered engines offer advantages such as adaptability to different working climates, altitudes, improved performance and fuel efficiency, environmental regulations and gasoline blends.

hero Motocorp - Magnetti Marelli (3)

Additional functionality such as Immobilisers, traction and slip control, multi map, flexi fuel and multi fuel management etc. will also be available with the above technology.

Mr. Pawan Munjal, Vice-Chairman, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Hero MotoCorp Ltd. and Mr. Eugenio Razelli, Chief Executive Officer, MagnetiMarelli, inaugurated the centre in Manesar, Haryana.

Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Pawan Munjal, said, “We have crafted an exciting vision – to use electronics in order to achieve better engine performances, reduced energy consumption and control emissions. I am confident that this company will set a new technological paradigm. One of our core objectives is to position ourselves as a technologically driven, forward looking company, and we will continue to push the envelope in terms of skill, scale, leadership and best practices.”

Mr. Eugenio Razelli, said, “For MagnetiMarelli the partnership with Hero in India is crucial: together we have the possibility of bringing a technical revolution in one of the most important two-wheelers market in the world, aiming at a better mobility, great market results and matching innovation, quality and affordability.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *