Update (26th October 2010):
The 2011 CBR150R photos you saw earlier in this post came from Thailand when their local media got their hands on the all new CBR150R around the Thailand Golf Circuit. The same journalists have now released info on the power and top speed claims of the new Honda entry level CBR. From what the journalists have come to find out, the CBR150R can manage a top speed of 160 km/h – that’s close to the Ninja 250R’s territory and higher than its immediate rival – the Yamaha YZF-R15. There is however no info provided whether this top speed was a speedo-indicated one or true speed tested through speciality equipment like the VBOX.
The other claim is that of the power output. According to what these journalists have found out, the 2011 CBR150R produces 19.5 hp (19.7 PS) @ 10,500RPM. If that claim is true, then the new CBR150R is up by 0.9hp (0.91PS) over the previous generation CBR150R, which produced 18.6hp (18.8PS) and 2.7PS more than the Yamaha YZF-R15 (17PS). There still no information on the CBR150R’s torque output. To read the rest of the specs of the CBR150R, CLICK HERE.
Update (20th October, 10:00 AM):
– Lots of new photos of the CBR150R!
– The tyre sizes are now confirmed: Front – 100/80-R17; Rear – 130/70-R17 (similar to the Kawasaki Ninja 250R)
– The Thailand media got their hands on the bike yesterday and are hinting towards a 35 kmpl fuel economy when ridden at 90 km/h!
– The engine continues to be 149.4cc but Honda will release power and torque figures of the CBR150R on the 26th of October
– Seat height is 783mm (7mm higher than the current Honda CBR150R, and 7mm lower than the Yamaha YZF-R15)
– The bike will be available in 3 colours in Thailand, the Sporty RWB (red-white-blue HRC paint scheme), Black (with black wings) and Red (with black wings as shown yesterday)
Click here for the SPECIFICATIONS of the 2011 Honda CBR150R
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.