A few more pictures:
Mercedes-Benz has sold 2500 of these new generation cars within one year of their introduction, while one out of every five Mercedes-Benz sold is an A-Class or a B-Class. Both cars are available with 7 Airbags and a host of other safety features and are driven by a 2.2 litre 4-cylinder diesel engine, with a 7-speed dual clutch arrangement. Both cars are rated at 109bhp, capable of 190 kmph. The B-Class is an excellent tourer, with an economy of 19kmpl and a tank capacity of 50′ litres, it can go for a 1000 kms on a full-tank.
‘Edition 1’ versions to be available on the Diesel variants only and can be bought at any Mercedes-Benz showroom across India.
Special Features on the A-Class ‘Edition 1’ include:
- Tremolite Grey 17″ 5 double-spoke alloys with high gloss black hubs.
- Exterior Mirror housing finished in ‘Glossy Black’.
- Matt Black decals with ‘Edition 1’ moniker, Matt Aluminium ‘Edition 1’ badge on the headliner.
- Comfort Suspension for Indian Road conditions.
- Eco Start-Stop function
- Panoramic Sunroof, Electrically adjustable front passenger seats, Rear Center Armrest.
- Reverse Camera
- 26.17 lakhs, Ex-showroom, Mumbai.
Special Features on the B-Class ‘Edition 1
- Reverse Camera and a new center armrest
- Panoramic Sunroof
- Electrically adjustable front passenger seats.
- Rear-seat Entertainment system
- Addition of ‘Jupiter Red’ as a new colour option, high gloss black mirror housing.
- Matt Black decals with ‘Edition 1’ moniker.
- Matt Aluminium ‘Edition 1’ badge on the headliner
- High gloss black hub caps for 18″inch 5- twin spoke alloy wheels painted in Malt Black.
- 28.75 lakhs, prices, ex-showroom, Mumbai
12:30 PM: Only a 100 ‘Edition 1’ units will be made for each model.
Cars unveiled with existing customers on stage.
Live From The Event: 11:50 AM
Mercedes-Benz relays tweets on the projector screen. Has called young owners of the A-class and B-class to the event who will share their experiences as Mercedes-Benz celebrates a successful 1st anniversary of the two cars .#CelebrateSuccess, #Edition 1
A look at the Brochure:
Mercedes-Benz will be launching an ‘Edition 1’ version of it’s ‘A’ and ‘B’ class models in Mumbai today. These special edition versions will be available for a limited time. Cosmetic revisions will be scanty on the outside as well as the insides. To tackle our roads better and to improve ride quality ground clearance will be increased.
The ‘Edition 1’ versions will be available on the A 180 CDI and the B 180 CDI options only. Additional features, gadgets and whistles will be on offer compared to the standard trims. ‘Edition 1’ badges on the boot-lid, New 17-inch alloys, A panoramic sunroof, smooth striped decals on the side profile and shiny black finished side view mirrors should tell a different story on the outside. On the inside, an infotainment system for the rear passengers, a new arm-rest, a reverse camera and a lot of other changes will be visible. Engine options will be the same 2.2 litre 4-cylinder turbocharged engine, pumping out 109 bhp, mated to a 7-speed auto.
Pricing should be a notch above the regular versions, Stay glued as we bring you updates from the event, LIVE!