Suzuki Motorcycles started their Indian chapter partnering with TVS in 1982. The partnership gave us quite a few exciting motorcycles like the Shogun and the Fiero. Differences in opinion on how to run the joint venture led to the partners going separate ways in 2001. Some years later, Suzuki Motorcycles started on their own and gave us the GS 150 along with a few other commuter products. Today, they are about to launch the Gixxer 155 motorcycle, which perhaps is one of their most important launches since going solo.
For a first look review and to find all the information you need about the Gixxer 155, CLICK HERE
The Gixxer 155 comes with a 154.9 cc, single cylinder air-cooled unit which churns out 14.8PS and 14Nm of torque. These figures are marginally more than their other 150cc offering, the GS150R. The motorcycle features ‘SEP’ or Suzuki Eco Performance, which was first used in their Let’s scooter. The technology is claimed to enhance performance without compromising on the fuel efficiency front. The Gixxer will sip its fuel through a carburetor though and unlike the GS150 which has a 6-speed gearbox, the Gixxer gets a 5-speed box.
Update: The Suzuki Gixxer 155 has been priced at Rs. 72,199 (ex-showroom, Delhi)
The Gixxer will directly compete with the Yamaha FZ 2.0, the Honda Trigger, the Hero Xtreme and the upcoming Bajaj Pulsar 150 NS. The motorcycle follows a muscular design language with a chiseled tank and angular panels. It gets an all-digital meter console like the new FZ and a stepped seat for the pillion. The tail lamp is an LED unit and the grab rails are split units. One noteworthy feature is the chunky exhaust unit, which has two outlets and should make the Gixxer sound sporty.
The Suzuki Gixxer 155 gets telescopic front forks and a monoshock at the rear. Alloy wheels are standard while tyres are tubeless with 100/80-17 section for the front and 140/60R-17 for the rear. Braking duties are taken care by a single disc at the front and drum setup at the rear. Fuel tank capacity is 12 litres and the motorcycle tips the scales at 135kg.
We are at the launch event for the motorcycle in Delhi and this post will be updated real time with all the information you need about the new stylish Suzuki, stay glued.
- With the orange backlight
- Instrument Cluster view by the day
- Suzuki is targeting the 19-25 age group with the Gixxer 155. It will be aimed at people who want more from life
- Targets to sell 50,000 motorcycles in the first six months
- Dual exhaust improves fuel burning efficiency
12: 30 PM
- Suzuki officially reveals the Gixxer 155
- The Chassis on the Gixxer 155 is based on the design philosophy of the mighty Hayabusa and the GSX- R1000
- The instrument cluster has been designed to look like a smart phone.
- Mr. Atul Gupta, Executive Vice-President, SMIPL takes the dias
- Calls the Gixxer, their fourth new model this year, the most important product in their portfolio
- According to Suzuki, the 150 cc segment is divided in two categories – Commuter and Premium. The Gixxer 155 belongs to the latter
- The Gixxer 155 will stand firm in the market on its 4 pillars – Styling, performance, economy and equipment
Suzuki Motorcycles India explains the purpose of launching the Gixxer 155
11: 40 AM
- The Suzuki Gixxer 155 has been priced at Rs. 72,199 (ex-showroom, Delhi)
- Only a single variant will be available for now
- Suzuki are calling the Gixxer 155 a “Street Sport Bike”