Maruti Suzuki has unveiled a revamped (the company is calling it ‘Spiced Up’) version of the A-Star. In its newest avatar, the A-star will now get several enhancements on the inside, and from the outside. The revamp is in a bid to strengthen the car’s position. Last year the company had introduced the automatic version of the A-star to make it more appealing to the urban udience. The auto variant now comprises as much as 30 percent of the car’s sales. Also, in line with the customer feedback, scooped front seats back was introduced to enhance the leg room for rear passengers.
The Spiced Up A-Star has the following new features
- Revamped interiors – premium and sporty upmarket upholster. The interiors are now done in two tone `grey and beige’ colors adding a bit more freshness to the package. The focus is to use colors which impart a feeling of airiness and space. Maruti Suzuki engineers have also worked on the front headrest and modified it to give a roomier feeling to the interiors.
- New 50-50 rear split seats have been introduced to enhance user convenience and storage space
- Useful and handy cubby holes, bottle holders have been created for passenger comfort and ease.
- There is a new integrated rear spoiler for sportiness
- Front seat head restraints reworked to give more spacious feeling
- ABS and Airbags now available as an option for the customers
- The sports new design alloy wheels
- Two new colours Pearl Caffeine Brown, Metallic Glistening Grey have been introduced
The new version of the car will go on sale from 27th January 2012. Explaining the modifications, Mr. Shashank Srivastava, Chief General Manager, Marketing said, “The smart modifications in the spiced-up A-star are in line with customer feedback and seek to enhance the overall look, feel and comfort of the buyers. ”
The dynamic and active sporty stance of the A-star is now accentuated by integrating a sporty rear spoiler.
The 998cc K10B petrol engine with 67PS of power and 90 Nm of torque remains unchanged. The car has been rated by ARAI with a fuel efficiency of 19 km to the liter. ith ease.
Here’s the price chart for the new A-star. All prices are ex-showroom Delhi.
VXi AT 447,175
ZXi (optional with ABS and Airbags) 440,503
- Glistening Grey (new)
- Pearl Caffeine Brown (new)
- Paradise Blue
- Bright Red
- Pearl Arctic White
- Silky Silver
- Midnight Black