The mega biking event, India Bike Week (IBW) 2016, is just a few days away and the excitement has already ignited. To take the enthusiasm to another level, Shell India, the official gold sponsor for IBW 2016 has come up with not just one but two contests to give you guys a chance to win free tickets for the signature on-ground biker’s event that will take place on February 19th & 20th, 2016, in Vagator, Goa.
The India Bike Week 2016 is expected to be attended by thousands of bikers and biking enthusiasts from across India. At the said event Shell India is all set to unveil their new bike engine oil. By organizing the contests, Shell India plans to reach out and spread more awareness around the launch of their newest Advance Ultra 15w50 Synthetic Motorcycle Oil. Here’s what you need to know to win your free tickets
The social media contest will be held and promoted through the Motoroids Facebook page and Twitter handle and also those of India Bike Week. These contests are all about tagging your biker friends. Don’t forget the Hastags #RevItUpWithShellAdvance #AdvanceUltra15w50 and #Motoroids
Contest 1: Rev It up
A biker friend who makes your rides more powerful.
Do you have a biker friend who inspired confidence in you when you are riding with him? Tag this biker friend on Facebook or Twitter & tell us why they make your bike rides more powerful, and you both stand a chance to win free tickets to IBW, and a loaded supply of Shell Advance Ultra for an entire year.
Contest 2: Biker Personality
Another contest about tagging your friends, albeit with a little twist. Provided below are the traits which you’d likely associate with your biker friends. Try finding a friend with one of the following traits and tag him right away, while also describing briefly why you attributed that specific trait to him.
- The Pilot – A biker who leads your pack – Tell us about the biker who leads your pack. Tag him as the PILOT and tell us how he guides the group ahead.
- The Lone-wolf – A biker friend who believes in paving his own way alone – Know a biker friend who believes in paving his own way alone? Tag him as the Lone-Wolf and tell us how he takes on the road by himself.
- Mr. Picture Perfect – A biker Friend who knows how to stand out on the way – Have a biker friend who knows how to stand out on the way? Tag him as The Mr. Picture Perfect and tell us what makes him stand out.
- The Machinist – A biker friend who knows every bike inside out – Have a biker friend who knows every bike inside out? Tag him as the Machinist and tell us how he fills you up with trivia.
- The Stunter – A biker friend who knows nothing but the edge – Have a biker friend who knows nothing but the edge? Tag him as a Stunter and tell us why is he the coolest stunter.
Tag your friends you think fits the description we mentioned above on Facebook posts and Twitter. Winners stand a chance to win a year long supply of Shell Advance Ultra and free tickets to IBW for both. Use hashtags – #RevItUpWithShellAdvance #AdvanceUltra15w50.
- Participants must like the contest post on Facebook.
- Participants must share their answer entry in the comment section of the contest post using #RevItUpWithShellAdvance.
- Participant must retweet the contest post
- Participants must tweet their answer entry to @Shell @Motoroids2 using #RevItUpWithShellAdvance
- The duration of the contest is from 9thFeb to 16thFeb 2015
Below are the images of the Six categories we mentioned earlier for tagging your friends. Don’t stop after that, read on for the Terms and Conditions of the contest.
We repeat once again, in order to win, all one has to do is to tag a friend and share the reason, using the hashtags #RevItUpWithShellAdvance #AdvanceUltra15w50 in the corresponding posts. Read the following regulations to have a safe win. Congratulations in-advance to the to-be-winners and for those who don’t, better luck next time!
Terms & Conditions
- The Competition is open to India residents’ aged 18 or over on the Competition start date. Eligibility requirements include a valid residential address, contact number and e-mail id and Facebook/Twitter account.
- Participation in this contest is purely voluntary.
- No purchase is necessary for participating in the Competition and it is open to all including the persons who have not purchased Shell products in the past.
- Shell shall not charge any amount for participation in the contest and the sole criteria for participation shall be submitting entries in the manner stipulated below.
- Employees of Shell & organizations related to the contest and their families are excluded from entering the Competition.
General Terms &Conditions
- This contest will be governed by these standard terms and conditions. Each participant agrees that he/she has read and understood these terms and by their participation in the contest, each participant agrees to be bound by the terms. Mere participation should not be perceived as any commitment on the part of Shell or IBW to select a participant as the winner. Nothing herein amounts to a commitment by Shell and IBW to conduct further, similar or other contests in future.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion will be directed to Sponsor, not Facebook or Twitter.
- Incomplete information provided or failure to provide true and accurate information as stated in these terms and conditions, failure to submit proof of identification and/or original confirmation number upon collection of the Prize will automatically disqualify the participant. Shell shall have the absolute and sole discretion to determine whether any participant should be disqualified by reason of failure to abide by these terms and conditions, bad faith, fraud or any other legitimate reason
- Multiple Facebook comment entries* and Tweets on the contest post per person during the Contest Period will be entertained
- Shell reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of this contest, including extending, withdrawing or discontinuing the same without notice, without assigning any reason, at its sole discretion without any liability.
- There is no cash alternative to the stated prizes, and the prizes are non-transferable and non- refundable. Shell reserves the right to substitute either any part of Prize or whole Prize for similar prize of equal or greater value.
- Shell shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for any claims, losses, damage, costs or expenses in connection with or arising from this Competition, the redemption or use of the Prizes.
- To the extent only permitted by applicable law, Shell reserves the right to use the winner’s image, photograph, name and likeness in post-promotion publicity material and in advertising, marketing or promotional material in any media by any means throughout the world for any purpose connected with the products/services of Shell or any company within the Royal Dutch/Shell Group of companies without additional compensation or prior notice to the winner and all participants consent to the same.
- Copyrighted, obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered. Shell India retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any advertising, promotional, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with this promotion, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- Shell reserves the right to request proof of a participant’s eligibility in the event that there is a doubt over his/her eligibility for the promotion.
- Subject to applicable laws, Shell shall not be liable for any losses, taxes, liabilities or inconvenience suffered by any participant as a result of these terms and conditions, entering into this Competition or accepting any part of the Prize
- Shell shall not be liable under or in connection with these terms and conditions or for this Competition or using the Prize for any indirect, special or consequential cost, expense, loss or damage even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or might reasonably have been contemplated by the participant and Shell and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
- Shell India accepts no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this Contest.
- Shell does not accept responsibility for (1) lost, late or undelivered entries or (2) any technical or access issue, failure, malfunction or difficulty that might hinder the ability of a participant to enter the Competition or (3) any event which may cause the Competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
- In addition to these terms & conditions, other specific terms may be imposed by Shell from time to time to deal with any unforeseen situation. Shell also reserves the absolute right to change the terms and conditions contained herein and, or, any other rules and regulations in respect of the Competition at any time without any notice, without assigning any reason and without any liability whatsoever. Participants are requested to refer to such other terms and conditions, if any, which may be intimated separately as Shell considers fit. However, no obligation is cast on Shell to separately intimate each individual participant with regard to such additional terms and conditions.
- Shell may (i) extend (ii) terminate or suspend the Competition at any time due to circumstances beyond its control (iii) substitute a prize (or any part of a Prize).
- The participant(s) hereby give express permission to Shell to freely distribute its submission in any publication and media whether online, offline or on the Internet. Material sent to Shell including feedback and other communications of any kind as well as submission of an entry to this Competition shall be deemed to be non-confidential. Shell shall be free to reproduce, distribute and publicly display such feedback, materials without limitation or obligation of any kind. Shell is also free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such submissions or materials for any purpose.
- Each participant understands that each of the officials of Shell engaged in the organization and management of this Competition including its directors, officers, partners, employees, consultants, and agents are under no obligation to render any advice or service to any participant in respect of this Competition.
- The participant undertakes to indemnify and keep Shell harmless and indemnified against any loss, damage, claims, costs and expenses which may be incurred or suffered by Shell due to breach of any of the terms and conditions herein contained.
- Any disputes, differences and/or any other matters in relation to and arising out of this Promotion and, or pertaining to these terms and conditions shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. The venue of arbitration shall be New Delhi. The Promotion shall be governed by and construed in accordance with applicable laws in India and will be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at Bangalore alone. The Rules of London Court of International Arbitration, India (“Rules”) shall apply to the arbitration proceedings and the arbitration shall be conducted by a sole arbitrator to be appointed as per the Rules.
- Each participant must ensure that his or her participation in the promotion is lawful in accordance with the laws of India. Neither Shell nor its representatives or agents shall be taken to make any § representations, express or implied, as to the lawfulness of any participant’s participation in the Competition Entrants are deemed to accept these terms and conditions by entering the Contest.
- Participants to the contest will be selected basis a lucky draw, basis correct answers.
- Winners will be eligible to free entry passes to the India Bike Week 2015 event in Goa. The gratification will cover only the free entry pass to IBW.
- Expenses incurred to reach the venue, refreshments, any lodging-boarding costs, etc. will have to borne by the winner only. Shell or IBWwill not be responsible for the same.
- Each participant consents to the use of information supplied by the participant in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to the participant, by Shell.
- The decision of Shell will be final and binding.