The R.S. 2027 Vision embodies Renault’s vision of Formula 1 in 2027: greater focus on the drivers, more spectacular, more electric, safer racing. Straightaway, we’ll concur with them about the spectacular bit. Renault explains the rest:
Also Read – Here’s how much it costs to run a Formula 1 team
The R.S. 2027 Vision
Aided by 40 years of experience in Formula 1, Renault has outlined a vision of what racing’s premier series might look like in 2027:
- A more human-centric championship with drivers at the heart of the sport, as illustrated by a transparent cockpit and a transparent helmet that allow the drivers to be seen in the heat of the action.
- A more spectacular show, with active LED lighting incorporated into the wheels and moving aerodynamic parts such as the car’s active wings.
- Safer racing thanks to an autonomous mode that can be activated in the case of an accident, along with an ultra-resistant polycarbonate cockpit canopy to protect against impact.
- More extensive interaction between the cars and greater connection with spectators. Fans will be able to view the telemetry data of their favourite driver for example.
- Ultra-high-performance racing that benefits from Groupe Renault’s expertise in the realms of four-wheel drive, four-wheel steering and very high-energy density batteries.
- An even more environmentally-respectful form of Formula 1, with the fuel tank capacity halved in the space of 10 years, plus a full-electric mode for use along the pit lane.
- The R.S. 2027 Vision also features the C-shaped lighting signature that has become a familiar hallmark of Renault’s road vehicles.
“One role of Renault Sport Racing is to anticipate the future of Formula 1 so that it draws a maximum number of fans in an environment consistent with Groupe Renault’s objectives. We look forward to generating inspired conversations with the racing community, fans and enthusiasts through this concept that highlights our ideas and desires.” says Cyril Abiteboul, Managing Director, Renault Sport Racing.