Although the root cause of all the beautiful filth in our country can only be addressed at an individual level, MapmyIndia’s technology will ensure that the resource which helps keep our cities clean, is managed professionally. Executing India’s first GPS Guided Biometric System for Ambala Municipal Corporation, the system will ensure that about 1000 Safaai Karmchaaris and office staff report for work and reach their designated areas/geographical locations.
The system comprises state-of-the-art technologies like fingerprint identification, Bio-metrics, Digital Mapping, Tracking/Navigation that are fully integrated into the MGGBS components viz Handheld GPS Enabled Biometric Machines, Fixed Biometric Machines, Attendance Software and MapmyIndia Maps.
· AMC has about 1000 Safai Karamcharis (Not on Payroll) and about 150 Office Staff
· These employee are supposed to clean the roads, clear garbage dumps, clean drains etc. every day
· These employee are divided into groups which are then assigned a particular geography
· These Safai Karamcharis get hand in glove with their supervisors and do not report for duty every day, even though the supervisor marks their attendance, because of this, there are lot of issues which arise
The MGGBS – How it works
· An employee is made to register onto the system using his fingerprints, name, contact details, department etc. and the Place of Work.
· Once this is done, the Supervisors are then made to carry the devices to the field to capture the attendance
· The employees are then made to mark their attendance, the movement this swipe happens, GPS location from the device is captured and sent along with the swipe details to the server
· In the backend, this attendance is checked for correctness in terms of the right person marking his attendance from the area allotted to him
· A successful swipe which captures the person details and is marked from the correct geographical location, is marked as a “Valid” Attendance, rest are marked as invalid
· With employees reporting at the Right Place at the Right Time, AMC will; be able to provide improved Civic Services to the Citizens of Ambala.
The MGGBS is powered by India’s most comprehensive, exhaustive, detailed and updated maps offering, the MapmyIndia Maps which offer 10.77 million unique destinations (Points of Interest), expanded coverage of over 2 million kilometers road network, 7200 cities at street level with house address level data for 85 cities, 600000 villages and 3D & 2D landmarks in 86 cities
Commenting on the initiative Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, IAS, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation, Ambala, said “We are committed to providing a neat and clean city to the citizens of Ambala. I am here to ensure that they get the best services and amenities from Ambala Municipal Corporation. The deployment of this new Biometric system is a strong step in this direction. You can look forward to more such measures that are aimed at efficiency and good governance, in the near future.”
“I am happy that AMC has reposed confidence in MapmyIndia. The MGGBS has been especially developed to ensure that manpower is gainfully deployed on ground in a smooth and efficient way. MapmyIndia’s solution will help the Ambala Municipal Corporation to deliver the promise of Prime Minister’s Swacch Bharat Abhiyaan to the people of Ambala. Once the benefits of MGGBS start showing, I am confident that other municipalities across the country will be encouraged to adopt this ground breaking solution,” says Rakesh Verma, Managing Director, MapmyIndia