Right when we everyone started wondering if Bajaj Auto Ltd, the retailer of Kawasaki and KTM models in India, won’t pass on the benefits from excise duty reduction to its new customers, the bike manufacturer has informed us that it has gone ahead with reducing the prices of both the KTM models and both the Kawasaki models it sells in India. Following is the revised Kawasaki and KTM bikes price list-
- KTM 390 Duke: Rs. 1,80,936
- KTM 200 Duke: Rs. 1,30,783
- Kawasaki Ninja 300: Rs. 3,38,584
- Kawasaki Ninja 650: Rs.4,92,111
Regulars here would remember that we reported in detail when the new Interim Budget 2014 was announced. CLICK HERE to read our earlier story. A highlight of the interim budget is that the excise duty on vehicles have been reduced as the Goverment feels that this step would help the automobile industry, which is currently going through a lean phase, to sail out of the troubled waters.
Here is a list of changes made to the tax structure for auto industry-
- Excise duty on small cars will come down to 8 percent from 12 percent
- Excise duty on scooters and motorcycles will come down to 8 percent from 12 percent
- Excise duty on commercial vehicles will come down to 8 per cent from 12 percent.
- Excise duty on SUVs will be reduced to 24 percent as against 30 per cent.
- Excise duty on big cars will now be 24 per cent as against 27 per cent earlier
- Excise duty on mid-sized cars will come down to 20 per cent from 24 percent
Quite obviously, we are glad about the price cuts for the KTM and Kawasaki models.