BMW has showcased the facelifted 1-Series at Geneva Motor Show 2015. For the facelift, the 1-Series gets some minor changes on the outside as well as some feature additions on the inside. The entry level model from the Bavarian carmaker continues to retain its low slung stance, the 50:50 weight distribution, and the rear wheel drive layout. Some variants in the Europe can also be ordered in the all wheel drive configuration.
For the facelift, the model now gets all new headlamps which can now be specified with LEDs. Daytime running LEDs are now standard on the hatchback. The air intakes on the front of the car get larger. At the rear, the 1-Series facelift gets LED tail lamps which are all new. The car also gets new alloy wheels. On the inside, the seats get revised upholstery. It also features a 6.5-inch central display, a center console-mounted Controller unit and an optional 8.8-inch screen with navigation.
BMW has also made some revisions to the engine lineup which consist of the following :
- 116i with three-pot 1.5-liter producing 109 HP & 180 Nm
- 118i with four-pot 1.6-liter producing 136 HP & 220 Nm
- 120i with four-pot 1.6-liter with 177 HP & 250 Nm
- 125i with four-pot 2.0-liter with 218 HP & 310 Nm
- 116d & 116d Efficient Dynamics Edition with three-cylinder 1.5-liter with 116 HP & 270 Nm
- 118d & 118d xDrive with four-cylinder 2.0-liter with 150 HP & 320 Nm
- 120d & 120d xDrive with four-cylinder 2.0-liter with 190 HP & 400 Nm
- 125d with four-cylinder 2.0-liter with 224 HP & 450 Nm
The range topping M135i now gains 6.8 HP compared to its predecessor. The total output is now 326 HP and 450 Nm coming from the six-cylinder 3.0-liter motor.
BMW 1-Series facelift Image Gallery