- Fresh Bajaj Pulsar 200SS images surface
- Bajaj Pulsar 200SS launch likely to happen in mid 2014
- Auto Expo debut ‘almost’ confirmed for P200SS
We reported in detail when a senior Bajaj Auto Ltd official recently stated that his company plans to unveil a new line up of Pulsar motorcycles at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014. Quite obviously, BAL will be showcasing the highly anticipated Pulsar 200SS and 375SS at upcoming Motor Show and if these recent spy pics are anything to go by, the manufacturer seems to be almost done with finalizing the design of the upcoming bike.
As we have been saying, there would be more to the 200SS than just an addition of the front fairing! The bike would also get a stubby exhaust that would be positioned on the right side (the 200NS has an underbelly exhaust). Also, it seems like many other panels WON’T be shared with the naked sibling.2
The upcoming Bajaj Pulsar 200SS will have a ‘tourer-friendly’ set of clip ons. Other revelations from various spy pics that we have seen so far are-
- The indicators for the P200SS seem to have been borrowed from the Duke
- The 200SS boasts of Steel braided brake hoses and ABS.
- The Rear View Mirrors on the 200SS seem to be more useful than those on the now-dated Pulsar 220F
- The bike would sport a twin projector headlamp setup
The 200SS will borrow its suspension components from the 200NS. Powering the bike will be a re-tuned, four valve, four stroke, single pot 200cc engine that will have a max power output of around 25PS. Torque is expected to pegged at around 1.92 kgm.
The 200SS would be a Yamaha R15 and Honda CBR150R adversary and could be priced around INR 1.20 lakhs. We feel that the 200SS might become the perfect successor to the Pulsar 220F. What say?
Stay tuned to Motoroids for more updates on the upcoming Bajaj Pulsar 200SS.