Mahindra Automotive Australia Pty LTD (MAAPL), today announced the launch of the Automatic Transmission version of XUV500 in Australia. The Automatic option will be available in 2 variants – W8 2WD and W8 AWD with prices starting from an attractive $31,900 for the W8 2WD variant. It will be available across Mahindra Australia Dealerships from May, 2016.
Speaking at the launch, Pravin Shah, President & Chief Executive (Automotive), Mahindra &Mahindra Ltd. said,“With its winning combination of aspirational styling, advanced technology, safety features, comfort and convenience, the XUV500 has created a niche for itself and has been a game changer in the premium SUV segment.Infact it has becomeone of the fastest selling SUVs to reach the 150,000 vehicles sales milestone injust 4 years. At Mahindra, it is our constant endeavor to offer advanced and accessible technologies to our customers. The XUV500 already has many technology firsts to its credit and now we have further pushed the boundaries with the introduction of the AISIN Automatic Transmission in the XUV500. I am sure that the XUV500 Automatic will be an instant hit with our customers in Australia.”
Mahesh Kaskar, National Manager of Mahindra Ag & Auto Australia added “The XUV 500 Automatic with its numerous features and competitive pricing, is a great package. We are confident that it will be well accepted in Australia and will be a game changer for Mahindra’s automotive operations in the country.”
The Mahindra XUV 500 Automatic comes with a new front grille with chrome inserts, new static bending headlamps with S-shaped light guides, new fog lamps with a chrome bezel, 17-inch alloy wheels and rear chrome appliqué. The vehicles also offers an 18cm (7-inch) touchscreen infotainment system with GPS, and new interiors, including leather seats.
The XUV500 Automatic features a new 2nd generation transmission with torque convertor and a planetary gear-train. With 6 gears the XUV500 has a higher number of gear ratios than a conventional 5 speed automatic. The new automatic transmission comes with an option of All Wheel Drive (AWD) which ensures that the vehicle torque is suitably distributed between the wheels to provide the best traction on rugged or slippery roads, by sensing the difference in RPM between the front and rear wheels. The transmission is also capable of adapting to mid and high altitudes to enable best drivability in these conditions. The two uphill climbing modes allow the vehicle to take on slopes. Furthermore, it comes with a “creep function” to aid in slow moving traffic conditions, a manual mode is for those spirited drives, while the Automatic Transmission Fluid is filled for life.
Standard features of the XUV 500 Automatic include:
- 7 Leather Seats
- Reverse Camera with Dynamic Assist
- 7-inch Satellite Navigation System
- Bluetooth music / phone connectivity
- Class leading boot space of 702 litres
- Class leading braked tow capacity of 2.5 tons
- 2.2 litre Turbo Diesel Engine
- Fuel economy:
- 7L/100km* Manual
- 4L/100km* Automatic
- *FWD Variants ADR 81/02 Combined Cycle.
- 70 Litre fuel tank for 900 kms plus range
- 3 ISOFIX Child Restraints in 2nd row
- 12 Volt Power Charging Sockets & Air Conditioning in all 3 rows
- Cooled front row centre storage box
- Wireless Tyre pressure monitoring of all 5 tyres for Safety
- 8 interior LED lights & 10 interior cup holders for Convenience
- ESC with rollover mitigation
- ABS with electronic brake-force distribution
- Hill Hold and Hill Descent Control
- Projector headlights with static bending projection lamps and DRLs (Daylight Running LEDs)
- 6 colour options (Pearl White, Sunset Orange, Tuscan Red, Dolphin Grey, Moondust Silver, Volcano Black)
W8 2WD 6Speed Manual $29,900
W8 AWD 6Speed Manual $32,900
W8 2WD 6 Speed Automatic $31,900
W8 AWD 6 Speed Automatic $34,900