Mahindra Electric has launched their all new electric car in Pune. Dubbed as the Mahindra e2oPlus, the car will be retailed in the city for a price starting from INR 7.03 Lakhs (post state FAME (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles) incentive). The e2oPlus will be available in four variants and colours – P2, P4, P6, and P8 and Coral Blue, Sparkling Wine, Arctic Silver, Solid White respectively.
We drove the four-door e20Plus and here is our take on the electric hatchback-
Mahindra Electric e2oPlus Review: Plus-Sized Smartness
The e2oPlus comes with added practicality and more doors. Mahindra claims that the e2oPlus provides a range of 140km in a single (full) charge and can do a top speed of 85kmph. Vital stats of the hatchback can also be remotely analyzed through a smartphone app. It also allows users to lock/unlock the car, retrieve performance metrics and health metrics and draw charging schedules.
Key features include Blaupunkt infotainment system, regenerative braking, Hill Hold control, and REVive for reserve charge. Regenerative Braking charges the battery of e2oPlus every time its brakes are applied, helping the car to recover the energy it dispenses. REVive, claimed to be first in the world feature by Mahindra Electric, provides an extra 5-10 kms of range to help the user reach home or the nearest charging station in an occasion when the car runs low on energy.
More features are as follow-
- Home Charging – The e2oPlus can be charged through any normal 16 Amp plug point.
- Low running costs – At just 70p/km, the e2oPlus beats almost all other cars on running costs.
- Depreciation benefits – Self-employed and businesses can avail tax savings of close to Rs. 1.6 lakhs on purchase of the e2oPlus in the first year itself.
- Zero tail-pipe emissions
- Low carbon footprint
- Remote Diagnostics – The e2oPlus has 10 on-board computers that track around 196 performance and health related parameters.
- Regular Progress Reports – Car performance and driving patterns are analyzed to review the battery’s service requirements which help improve the vehicle’s overall performance.