The 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT aka Café Racer is easily among the most awaited bikes of recent times. The 535cc RE was launched in UK yesterday and India launch is being expected to happen early next month. The Continental GT would become the flagship product by Royal Enfield in India and hence, would be pricier than the Classic 500 range.
Here, we bring to you all the details of the new bike:
- The Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 aka Cafe Racer is the fastest-ever production bike from Royal Enfield
- The bike is also currently the lightest production Royal Enfield
- This isn’t the first time that Royal Enfield is using the Continental GT moniker. The Continental GT250 was the first RE bike to get the Continental GT moniker and was launched way back in 1965. The new 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 aka Royal Enfield Cafe Racer 535 is hence a logical successor to the GT250
- Powering the Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 is a 535cc, fuel injected, air-cooled, single cylinder engine
- This engine has a max power of 29.1 BHP and peak torque of 44 Nm
- The engine comes mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox
- The bike sports conventional telescopic forks at front and a pair of Paioli gas-charged shock absorbers at the rear
- The Royal Enfield Continental GT comes shod with Pirelli Sport Demon tyres (100/90/18 at front and 130/70/18 at rear)
- The bike sports a 300 mm floating Brembo disc brake setup at front and a 240 mm disc brake setup at rear
- The GT 535 is built around a lightweight, double cradle frame
The 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 Cafe Racer, in all probability, would be priced a little above INR 2 lakhs in Indian bike market.
Do you like the new Royal Enfield Continental GT? Do tell us by commenting below. Also, stay tuned for more info on 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT 535 Cafe Racer India launch