For years we have all yearned for a proper, comfortable and affordable 4×4, which could satiate the gypsy intent within. Although the soft top Mahindra’s, the petrol powered moutain goat Maruti and the Tata Safari tried to fuel that burning desire, the former two were way too crude, while the Tata Safari, although a potent vehicle, had its share of heavy weight issues.
The Renault Duster AWD has been priced at Rs. 11.89 lakh (Ex-showroom, Delhi) for the RxL variant and Rs. 12.99 lakh for the top end RxZ variant.
The Renault Duster when launched was lapped up by many, as it was priced attractively while those rugged looks and high ground clearance satisfied the SUV cravings within the Indian car buying population. For true blue wanderers, it still wasn’t exciting enough as the power was only directed at front. So the French manufacturer is out to cater the needs of those who like power being distributed to all four wheels and is about to launch the new Duster AWD (All wheel drive) today. We are at the launch event and this post will be updated with all the information about the go anywhere Renault, real time. Stay tuned.
- The Renault Duster AWD will come fitted with the tried and tested 1.5 L DCI engine that generated 110 PS of power and 245 Nm of torque at 1750 rpm
- Engine will be mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox
- The All Wheel Drive will enable the SUV to intuitively access the road and constantly engage all wheels. It will come in shift-by-fly options of 2WD, AUTO & 4WD.
- Comes with an eco mode that balances power distribution to save upto 10% fuel
- An intelligent gear shift indicator advises the right gear to drive in, depending on engine load and vehicle speed to deliver optimum efficiency
- Boasts of best-in-class fuel efficiency figure of 19.72 kmpl
- The Duster AWD will come with safety features like ESP, ASR and understeer control
- ABS with electronic brake distribution and brake assist
- Speed sensitive door lock and impact sensing unlock
- Dual front Airbags and rapid deceleration warning
- Rear defogger and a rearwiper and washer.
- The Renault Duster AWD will come fitted with an infotainment system that will also support navigation
- Gets cruise control and a speed limiter
- Also gets a Hills start assist system
- The Duster boasts of best in class water wading depth for an AWD
- A new electrical architecture allows for additional safety features
- Mr Rafael Treguer, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Renault India takes centre stage
- The Renault Duster is the first SUV in India to cross the 1 lakh sales mark within two years
- With the Renault Duster AWD joining the portfolio, the French manufacturer aims to capture +5% of the market share
Click on any picture for an enlarged view: