Key highlights of the E-Class E400 Cabriolet are listed below
- The new E-Class Cabriolet is moved by a V6 turbocharged petrol engine with 333 hp power output and maximum torque of 480 Nm between 1600 – 4000 rpm. The car does 0 to 100 km/h in 5.3 seconds and reaches a top speed of 250 km/h.
- The shift characteristics can be preset from economical to dynamic with the transmission modes “Economy” or “Sport”.
- The ECO start/stop function is also integrated into the drive system.
- The “acoustic soft top” ensures the lowest noise level in this segment.
- The new E-Class Cabriolet includes a thoroughly revised interior
- Numerous controls and stowage facilities on the centre console and dashboard console
- The front seats are newly developed and equipped with electric adjustment of the seat cushion height and backrest angle as standard.
- The four-seater E-Class Cabriolet has two full-fledged seats in the rear with electric head restraints which also act as a roll-over protection system.
- COMAND Online is equipped with a hard-disc navigation system featuring a map display featuring a display with TFT technology and a 7-inch screen.
- The audio and video content can be played using the onboard infotainment systems.
- The Parking package with 360° camera and Active Parking Assist
- Adaptive High Beam Assist allows the driver to concentrate on the traffic without constantly having to select between low and high beam.
- Continuous monitoring of the tyre pressures by sensors and indicated in the multifunction display of the instrument cluster.
- ABS, BAS, ESP, ASR, Hill Start Assist, ATTENTION ASSIST, PRE-SAFE
- The safety equipment has been adapted systematically to meet the requirements of a cabriolet: special head bags are included as standard.
- NECK-PRO head restraints can reduce the risk of whiplash
The E 400 Cabriolet features seven airbags with rollover bar which deploys in less than 0.3 seconds in case of an imminent impact
Features 360 degree view camera and COMAND Online
Harman Kardon audio system with 14 speakers and 610 watt output
Price for the E Class Cabriolet (E400) is 78.5 lakh ex-showroom New Delhi
Available in four colours
- Mercedes-Benz will introduce 15 products in 2015, including products with no predecessors in India. The products will be feature rich variants, keeping in line with the company’s strategy of bringing the right products at the right price.
- The product offensive will be supplemented with an aggressive network expansion during the year. Another 15 outlets will be inaugurated in mature as well as tier II and III cities, in continuation with the ‘go to customer’ strategy. This will be the highest ever in a year for the brand in India and will continue to further expand the densest luxury car network in India.
- The LuxeDrive will travel through 15 cities across the country. Participants will have the opportunity to drive the range of Mercedes-Benz cars including sedans, SUVs and AMGs through specially designed courses. This experience will be amplified by the BEST gastronomic experience with Michelin Star Chef Vikas Khanna, who will create an exotic menu for the events in each city and interact with customers.
- An exclusive service package for the New Generation Cars will ensure a cost of ownership starting as low as Rs. 1.99/ kilometer.
- Mercedes-Benz India will continue its aggressive strategy in its operations as well with an additional investment for capacity expansion in the Chakan Plant, taking the total investment to over 1000cr INR. With this expansion, the plant will now have a capacity of 20.000 units per year, the largest for any luxury car manufacturer.
- Mercedes-Benz will further invest into its Roof Top Solar Plantandhelp in protecting and preserving resources. The company will make additional investments to further increase the capacity of the solar plant to 10 times of current capacity by 2016.
Update 1 : we are all set for the unveiling – stay tuned!
Mercedes-Benz India is launching its E-Class cabriolet in India today. Presented in the E400 guise, the E-Cabriolet is powered by a 3.0-litre turbocharged V6 petrol with 338PS of peak power and 480Nm of peak torque. Top speed is electronically limited at 250km/h and the 0-100 dash is taken care of in 5.3 seconds. Transmission duties are taken care of by a 7-speed auto box with manual transmission.
The convertible, mechanized soft roof of the E-Class Cabriolet can be deployed on the move in a mere 20 seconds at speeds up to 40 km/h.
The new look of the Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupé and Cabriolet is mainly the result of the redesigned front end, with new headlamps. LED technology is employed for the low beam and daytime running lamps as standard. Full LED lamps are also offered as an option
The front of the E-Class Coupé and Cabriolet features a sporty, upright radiator grille with central star. The restyled bumper doesn’t have any lighting functions and has a more pronounced V-shape serving up a great interplay between surfaces of varying curvatures. The front end with its sports car grille presents a sporty face, but at the same time emphasises the close affinity between the Coupé and Cabriolet and the new E-Class Saloon. At the rear, the lights and bumper have been revised. The slimmer LED tail lights extend far into the flanks emphasise the vehicle width, and use LED fibre optics to create a distinctive night design that is typical of Mercedes.
The convertible, despite being a two-door model, has decent space in the backseat.
Expect the price to be a little less than Rs 80 lakh. Stay tuned for updates.