The key highlights of the new CLS 250 CDI are listed below
- The new CLS-Class Coupé is powered by a 2.1 liter 4-cylinder diesel engine with 204 hp power output and maximum torque of 500 Nm between 1600 – 1800 rpm.
- Transmission taken care of by 7-speed automatic 7G-Tronic Plus with pedal shifters
- The shift characteristics can be “Economy” or “Sport”
- MULTIBEAM LED lighting system
- The ECO start/stop function integrated into the drive system
- A long bonnet, diamond radiator grille in black, a single louvre painted in a matt finish, chrome-look trim element on the front spoiler and distinctive MULTIBEAM LED with integral daytime running lamps are some of the key design elements.
- 17-inch 10-spoke light-alloy wheels
- The rear end of the car is characterized by wide, slightly darkened tail lights featuring LED technology with adaptive intensity.
- Inside the cabin, the car gets a Free-standing 8 inch display
- New three spoke steering wheel with 3-spoke design
- Leather seats and upholstery
- Controls for the seat adjustment finished in chrome in the front doors
- Up to three different memory positions for the power front seats, steering column and exterior mirrors can be stored at the touch of a button and retrieved.
- ORVM mirror on the front passenger side can be automatically lowered when reverse gear is engaged.
- COMAND Online control and display system
- Logic 7 Harman Kardon audio system – 14 speakers and 810 W output
- Parking package with 360° camera and Active Parking Assist
- Integrated PARKTRONIC system
- Variable damper control, and AIRMATIC air suspension for a combination of ride comfort and dynamic handling
- Adaptive High Beam Assist allows driver to concentrate on the traffic without constantly having to select between low and high beam
- Continuous monitoring of the tyre pressures using TPMS
- ABS, BAS, ESP, ASR, Hill Start Assist, ATTENTION ASSIST, PRE-SAFE
Update: The CLS Class 250 CDI launched in India at Rs 76.5 lakh ex-showroom Delhi
Available across India in all dealerships, imported as a CBU
India first-launch of cloud based Mercedes-Benz Apps: unrestricted internet surfing, access to Mercedes-Benz Radio, TuneIn Radio, Weather, Audio News, Facebook etc.
Eberhard Kern, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said, “The CLS-Class Coupé and the E-Class Cabriolet are two of the most attractively designed products and are fine examples of our ‘top of pyramid’ product strategy. We are also introducing for the first time in India, Mercedes-Benz Apps which takes the COMAND Online internet connectivity to the next level. We are confident that today’s tech savvy, on the move customers and enthusiasts will be thrilled to experience these in Mercedes-Benz range of cars.”
LIVE: The CLS-Class 250 CDI features automaker’s new MULTIBEAM LED headlights. It uses multiple LEDs to enable high-precision lighting of the car’s high beam, so that it can be controlled in a way that it doesn’t bother other drivers. Cars equipped with the technology can safely be driven with the high-beams left switched on. The headlight illuminates the area around the oncoming cars without blinding the oncoming driver.
They system features special LED modules, each with 24 individually-controlled LEDs. A camera positioned behind the windscreen adjusts the ideal light pattern 100 times per second.
The CLS Class features Airmatic air suspension, leather upholstery, ambient lights in three colours
14 speaker Harman Kardon System with 610 Watt output
- Mercedes-Benz will introduce 15 products in 2015, including products with no predecessors in India. The products will be feature rich variants, keeping in line with the company’s strategy of bringing the right products at the right price.
- The product offensive will be supplemented with an aggressive network expansion during the year. Another 15 outlets will be inaugurated in mature as well as tier II and III cities, in continuation with the ‘go to customer’ strategy. This will be the highest ever in a year for the brand in India and will continue to further expand the densest luxury car network in India.
- The LuxeDrive will travel through 15 cities across the country. Participants will have the opportunity to drive the range of Mercedes-Benz cars including sedans, SUVs and AMGs through specially designed courses. This experience will be amplified by the BEST gastronomic experience with Michelin Star Chef Vikas Khanna, who will create an exotic menu for the events in each city and interact with customers.
- An exclusive service package for the New Generation Cars will ensure a cost of ownership starting as low as Rs. 1.99/ kilometer.
- Mercedes-Benz India will continue its aggressive strategy in its operations as well with an additional investment for capacity expansion in the Chakan Plant, taking the total investment to over 1000cr INR. With this expansion, the plant will now have a capacity of 20.000 units per year, the largest for any luxury car manufacturer.
- Mercedes-Benz will further invest into its Roof Top Solar Plantandhelp in protecting and preserving resources. The company will make additional investments to further increase the capacity of the solar plant to 10 times of current capacity by 2016.
Update 1: The stage is set, the guests have gathered – we are all set for the unveil
Mercedes-Benz India is launching a new, 2015 version of the original four-door coupe-saloon, the CLS-Class in the National Capital Region today. The strikingly beautiful car is being presented in the 250 CDI guise to the Indian audience. The 250CDI version is powered by a 2.1 liter (2143cc) 4-cylinder diesel engine with 207PS of peak power produced at 3800 rpm and 500Nm of torque between 1600-1800 rpm. Transmission duties are taken care of by a new 7-speed 7G-Tronic plus automatic box, offering enhanced fuel efficiency.
The sensuous looking four door coupe-saloon would be positioned as an utterly premium product. The facelifted version of the car also features stylistic changes. To start with, the new car gets a star studded radiator grille, new LED headlamps and a fresh new bumper. In profile, the car looks almost similar with a new design for alloy wheels with the rear getting revised tail-lamps, somewhat resembling the ones on the smaller CLA-Class.
On the inside, the new CLS features an 8-inch screen with COMAND Online system and a 14 speaker Harmon Kardon sound system. Other items of interest include a 360 degree bird’s eye camera, Active Parking Assist, nine airbags, tyre pressure monitoring system, ESP, Hill Start Assist and many more amenities.
Expect the price to be in the region of Rs 70-75 lakh. Stay tuned for our live updates from the launch event.