The All-New Fiesta PowerShift Automatic, was launched today at a starting price of Rs 899,000 (Ex Showroom New Delhi). The car will be available in Style and Titanium+ trims powered by the new 1.5 L Ti-VCT petrol powertrain. The Titanium + variant of the car has been priced at Rs 970,300 (Ex-showroom New Delhi)
The Style features Auto AC, chrome finisher on deck lid and leather steering wheel that gives the customer a luxurious feel in the interiors. The front fog lamps further enhance the look of the vehicle. In addition to all these features, the top-end Titanium+ will have leather seats, Bluetooth voice control, alloy wheels, auto power-fold mirrors, reverse parking sensor and chrome front grille, giving a plush and rich feel to the amazing ride experience of customers.
The Fiesta PowerShift Automatic features a sealed-for-life transmission unit. It requires no maintenance for 10 years or 240,000 kms, not even change of gear oil. Extensive efforts toward providing long-term durability are incorporated in the new Fiesta to minimize ownership costs for its lifetime operation, maintenance and repair.
Michael Boneham, president and managing director of Ford India at the launch of the Fiesta PowerShift Automatic. “The all-new Fiesta Powershift Automatic really opens up the segment by making the aspirational become achievable” “We are democratizing technology and going further in our efforts to understand what our customers want.” Boneham added.
Ford India is offering a 2-year/ 100,000 km warranty to further bolster the peace of mind that comes with owning the latest Ford.
1. Hill Launch Assist – The Fiesta Auto Powershift will come with Hill Launch Assist which prevents the car from rolling back when tackling an incline.On dabbing the brakes on an incline, the Fiesta auto will call in the ABS, and the car will be held stationary for full 3 seconds or until the motor churns out more pulling power (read: Torque). This feature can also be used when reversing the car on the incline.
2. Ford Grade Assist – There is this little button on the side of the drive selector stick. Pressing the button turns the Ford Grade Assist system on, and brings on an indicator light in the instrument cluster. The system greatly improves driving in hilly terrains. While climbing uphill, it intelligently selects a lower ratio to provide enough power and torque to prevent the car from puffing and pating. On the way down, it cleverly applies engine braking by shifting automatically into lower gears to allow better car control.
3. Micro Slip – As clear from the tem, Micro Slip allows a tiny amount of clutch slippage to allow smooth gearshifts and reduce powertrain NVH. This tiny slippage also allows engine to run at5 lower rpm levels in higher gears for better efficiency.
4. Creep-Forward Function – Even with your foot off the accelerator pedal, the car creeps forward allowing the vehicle speed to be controlled only with the brake pedal. This is especially useful while parking the car at low speeds, or while backing out of a driveway.
5. Neutral Coast Down – Allows the clutches to disengage under deceleration. With the clutches disengaged the transmission freewheels, aiding fuel efficiency.
6. Better fuel efficiency – If Ford claims are to be believed, then the PowerShift delivera fuel efficiency which is comparable with that of a manual. Ford says that the new variant will have a class leading efficiency of 16.86 kmpl (ARAI tested).
7. Good acceleration – Auto transmissions are known to kill the 0-100 km/h timings of a car. Not anymore! With the PowwerShift, however, Ford India is claiming a timing of 12.1 seconds. Now that’s not much off the 11.5s timing of the manual version
8. Leather upholstery – Ford have also included all-black leather upholstery for the car, which is unique only to the auto variant.
The Ford website has a confusing image that might lead many to believe that the Automatic transmission will come with option of both Petrol and Diesel motors. However, an Automatic Fiesta Diesel exists nowhere in the world and the diesel variant with Auto tranny will NOT be launched in India.
Motoroids has been one of the first to drive this car and come quite impressed with the way the new age Automatic performs.
Click here to read more about this new transmission and our First Drive Review of the Ford Fiesta 1.5 Ti-VCT PowerShift Auto.