Recording its most successful year in India, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) closed the financial year FY’13-14 with a bang!
Torchbearer of Growth for Industry in FY’13-14
· Honda has recorded ‘Ever Highest Sales’ of 37.21 lac units in FY’14 with extraordinary 55,000 units sold on only 1 day (March 31st) on occasion of Gudi Parhwa and Ugadi in West and South India respectively.
· The 2Wheeler industry posted positive growth only due to HMSI’s spectacular performance which countered the sharp fall in sales of 2Wheeler industry. HMSI added 9.67 lac new units compared to 11.19 lac units added to total Indian 2Wheeler industry in FY’14.
· HMSI has strengthened its position as India’s 2nd largest 2Wheeler Company. Honda’s domestic market share has witnessed a significant 6% point jump to 28% in March, 2014.
· FY’14 saw 3 all new models: CB Trigger, Dream Neo & Activa-I and showcase of Activa 125.
· Excellent response to Dream Neo and Dream Yuga saw combined sales crossing 6.3 lac units this year. Overall, Honda grew 73% in 100-110cc mass motorcycle segment while this segment grew at a stunted 4%.
· While 125cc motorcycle segment saw de-growth, CB Shine has created new milestone. India’s Largest Selling 125cc motorcycle recorded Highest Ever Sales of 7.4 lac units in this fiscal with 94,000 units sold in March’14 itself.
· In 150cc motorcycle segment too, HMSI made significant 5% gain in market share.
· Powered by the Honda Eco Technology (HET), Honda reinforced its Leadership in automatic scooter market. HMSI automatic scooter sales grew at healthy 32% in comparison to 21% growth of domestic automatic scooter industry.
· With new speed, FY’14 saw Honda add over 2 new touch-points every day. Reaching closer to customers, HMSI expanded its network to over 2,800 outlets across India.
· 5 new Zonal offices were inaugurated at Patna, Jaipur, Nagpur, Raipur & Varanasi for amassing local market intelligence, strategizing, and implementing regional approach faster. With this, Honda has now expanded to zonal offices in 11 key cities.
· This year, owning a Honda became more affordable. Not only did Honda enter into new retail finance associations at national level but more importantly at regional level through Co-operative banks and rural level with Grameen banks.
· In March, 2014 the “Service on Wheels” (SoW) initiative was inaugurated to boost last mile connectivity of Honda. Taking SOW to every village is be India’s Best-selling and Honda’s iconic scooter Activa.
· Partnering with POGO, Brand Honda associated with Chhota Bheem – India’s most loved animation character for safety promotion among kids along with their families.
· Honda also adopted its 2nd Traffic Park in Delhi to spread safety promotion among citizens. Overall, Honda spread the message of safe riding to 31,100 children, empowered 10,642 females and trained 96,201 adults in this fiscal.