Harley Davidson India has announced a new bike in their Indian line up named Forty Eight. Forty Eight is recognized by its peanut style seating and its bulldog appearance. When turned on you can almost feel the earth shattering 1200cc V-twin American Muscle roaring. Like most of the HD this one is also a low ride with under mounted mirrors and a retro styled single seat.
Forty Eight features the Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) and performance tuning with a wide-ranging torque curve, the Forty-Eight motorcycle carries a robustly responsive ride with even clutch effort.
Features on the HD Forty Eight are
- Blacked out rubber-mounted Evolution 1200 cc V-Twin engine with polished covers
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Steel 2.1-gallon peanut fuel tank with lightening hole mounting bracket
- One-piece, solo Sportster classic seat
- 26-inch seat height
- Tall and fat 130 mm Dunlop MT90 front tire
- 16-inch Black Steel Laced wheels
- Low profile custom handlebar
- Under-mounted mirrors
- New front forks with wide triple clamps
- Chopped front fender mounted on fork brace with lightening holes
- Blacked components including air cleaner cover, clutch and brake levers and turn signals
- Chopped rear fender
- Stop-turn-tail lights
- Side-mounted license plate
- Two-year factory warranty
- Optional Harley-Davidson Smart Security System
With HD India’s decision of not raising the price of its two models Superlow and Iron 883 which will be sooner assembled in their new facility at Bawal in Haryana, HD has gained trust amongst bike enthusiasts. While the remaining 12 fully imported bikes in India are priced between Rs 7.79 lakh and Rs 38.66 lakh..
The Forty Eight is available at Rs. 8.50 lakh (Ex Showroom Delhi) and will be available in all HD dealerships in India. Tell us what do you think about this American Muscle Bike?