Bridgestone India launched American tyre brand Firestone in India. The brand will launch Firestone FR500 targeted at the passenger car segment and Firestone Destination LE02 for the SUV car segment. In India, Firestone will focus on the passenger car and SUV segments in the initial phase. The brand’s offerings in India will be keeping in with the needs of the Indian consumers and will be manufactured at the company’s manufacturing plants in Chakan, Pune and Kheda, Indore.
The FR500 tyres are available in 24 sizes that will range from 12 rim diameters to 16 rim diameters which, according to the company; would make it suitable for a wide selection of passenger cars and the diverse, demanding driving conditions in India. The LE02 on the other hand would be aimed at the SUV segment. This tyre will be introduced with 3 sizes with 15 rim diameters and 16 rim diameters. The tyres are already available across dealer networks.
Following are the product features as stated by the brand:
- Durable pattern and compound; 2 ply Construction Side wall: Resists road hazard damages. Showcases durability against external shocks
- Wide shoulder blocks: Wider shoulder blocks for even wear (no Irregular wear)
- 3D block shape, Winding Groove: Minimize hydroplaning by enhance water channeling from the groove
- High & Low angle slot: High angle slot provides enough water drainage whereas low angle slot creates traction
- Durable pattern and compound; Strong Casing: Special tyre casing construction specially designed and built with strength to reinforce durability against external shocks
- Center cross sipe, Shoulder closed sipe; Rib combination lug: Center cross sipe for even wear (no Irregular wear) with quiet ride
- Center narrow groove: Enhance water channeling to reduce hydroplaning
- Center Cross sipe: Optimized block stiffness for enough traction
Speaking at the launch, Kazuhiko Mimura, Managing Director, Bridgestone India, said that they are extremely delighted and excited to announce the launch of Firestone in India. Over the last few years India has emerged as a global economic powerhouse and also one of the fastest growing automotive markets in the world. Firestone at the onset will focus on the passenger car and SUV car segments and subsequently expand the size range. They hope to garner their fair share of the market through a wide pan-India network of dealerships and superior quality and service.