Initially unveiled at the 2016 Auto Expo, the Jaguar F-Pace has finally been launched in India. Four power packed variants of the performance SUV will be available in the country at a price starting from INR 68.40 Lakh. At the event, an 18 meter tall ‘Beacon’ inspired by modern British architecture was constructed to convey that the All-New Jaguar F-PACE has arrived into the country. The Beacon was designed by artist Arzan Khambatta.
The design of the all new F-Pace draws inspiration from the F-Type and the similar treatment can be seen on the inside as well. The F-Pace is built around a Lightweight Aluminium Architecture that is said to be a stiff, strong and most importantly, lighter architecture. It gets Adaptive LED Headlights featuring Jaguar’s signature ‘J’ Blade Daytime Running Lights.
These lights produce an intensity of light that is close to daylight, which helps to distinguish objects more easily and reduces fatigue. Other exterior features include Red brake calipers, LED ‘J’ Blade DRLs, Sliding Panoramic Roof, Illuminated Metal Tread plates and a sporty look is completed by the S model body kit, which comes as standard. At the rear, full LED tail lights are reminiscent of the F-type’s design language.
The interior is done with a range of premium materials and gets configurable Interior Mood Lighting highlights with a choice of ten different colours. It has a 40:20:40 seating configuration and the rear knee & leg room is claimed to be the best in class. The seats can be folded completely or folded individually in a variety of combinations.
The Jaguar F-Pace will be available in two Ingenium engine configurations including a 2.0L and a 3.0L unit. The 2.0L 4-cylinder diesel power mill is capable of making 177 Bhp and 430 Nm of torque and is said to be around 20 kg lighter than equivalent previous generation engines. On the other hand, the Turbocharged 3.0L V6 Diesel engine can make 296 Bhp and a peak torque of 700 Nm making it possible for the F-Pace to reach from 0 to 100kmph in 6.2 seconds. The SUV is also benefited by torque vectoring tech. As explained by the company, Braking maximizes capability through harsh corners and provides controlled independent braking on the individual inside front and rear wheels to add to the turning forces acting on the car.
Powered and Gesture Tailgate are available as options on the 2.0L diesel derivatives and standard on the 3.0L diesel variants. This feature helps the user to open or close the tailgate by just presenting their foot under one of F-Pace’s rear flanks.
Adding to the feature set is the Activity Key. Users can use the Activity Key to lock and unlock their car. When exiting the car, the conventional key fob can be left in the car and the Activity Key can be presented to the tailgate to lock it. The conventional key fob is then automatically deactivated for security. The Activity Key can be worn like a wristband and is fully waterproof.
Jaguar F-PACE will be available in the following options-
- Jaguar F-PACE 2.0 l (132 kW) Diesel Pure: INR 68.40 Lakh (Ex-showroom Delhi)
- Jaguar F-PACE 2.0 l (132 kW) Diesel Prestige: INR 74.50 Lakh (Ex-showroom Delhi)
- Jaguar F-PACE 3.0 l (221 kW) Diesel R-Sport: INR 102.35 Lakh (Ex-showroom Delhi)
- Jaguar F-PACE 3.0 l (221 kW) Diesel First Edition: INR 112.55 Lakh (Ex-showroom Delhi)
Features of the Exclusive Jaguar F-PACE First Edition are as follows-
- The First Edition draws inspiration from the CX-17 Concept
- Will be available with 3.0 l (litre) V6 221 kW Turbocharged diesel engine
- Customers can choose one of two paint colours, which reflect the C-X17’s original two colourways: stunning Caesium Blue or regal Halycon Gold
- The First Edition is also available in Rhodium Silver or Ultimate Black.
- 20 inch Venom Alloy Wheels with Gloss Black finish
- Houndstooth embossed Windsor Leather Sports seats, special carpet mats and a Gloss Black trim finisher
- New and intuitive infotainment system – InControl Touch Pro – and sports car-derived performance technology including Adaptive Dynamics
- Configurable Interior Mood Lighting included as standard
On the occasion, Rohit Suri, President, Jaguar Land Rover India Ltd. (JLRIL) said, “With dynamic design language and practicality at its core, the All-New Jaguar F-PACE is already setting benchmarks globally. We have received an overwhelming response for the car worldwide and we expect the same in India as well. It is indeed one of the most awaited products in the Indian market. The launch of F-PACE ushers Jaguar into the SUV market; a smooth ride that will mark the dawn of a new era for Jaguar in India.”