MV Agusta have revealed the official images and tech specs of their Brutale Dragster 800RR ahead of its EICMA debut. The newest Brutale variant gets a 15hp increase in power to 140hp, the torque gets increased from 81Nm to 86Nm. After the images of the motorcycle leaked a few days back, MV decided to reveal the images and details of the bike officially.
The Brutale Dragster RR shares the 798cc three-pot motor with its Dragster 800 cousin, but has six injectors instead of three. The 43mm upside-down Marzocchi forks with rebound-compression damping and spring preload adjustment are the same as the standard Dragster, but are painted in red for the RR variant.
As other major changes over the Dragster 800, the RR variant gets aluminium spoke wheels. It’s also got a steering damper with eight settings. Most of the other specs and features remain unchanged.
The Dragster RR comes in two new colour schemes, metallic carbon black / pearl red, and pearl red / pearl white. Dry weight stands at 168 kg, endowing it with great power to weight ratio. The top speed is claimed to be in the region of 247km/h. The adjustable steering damper, secured to the triple clamp by a hand-finished aluminium element, ensures superb front end performance and can be adjusted to suit variety of riding styles.
The motorcycle keeps the Dragster 800’s ride-by-wire throttle and traction control with eight modes. It also shares the adjustable Sachs shock and Brembo monobloc brakes with Bosch ABS with the non RR version.
We just love that triad of exhaust pipes making the Dragster RR look a signature Italian machine. Do you fancy owing one? Do let us know
- Engine Type Three cylinder, 4 stroke, 12
- valve – Timing system “D.O.H.C”
- Total displacement 798 cc
- Compression ratio 13.3:1
- Starting Electric Bore x stroke 79 mm x 54,3 mm
- Max. power r.p.m.(at the crankshaft) 140 hp at 13.100 r.p.m.
- Max torque r.p.m. 86 Nm at 10.100 r.p.m.
- Traction Control with eight levels of intervention
- Electronic quick-shift
- FRAME Type ALS Steel tubular trellis
- Rear swing arm pivot plates material Aluminium alloy
- FRONT SUSPENSION Type Marzocchi “UPSIDE DOWN” telescopic hydraulic fork in DLC treated aluminium, with red colour anodized fork legs and having rebound compression damping and spring preload external and separate adjustment – Fork dia. 43 mm (1.69 in.) – Fork travel 125 mm (4.92 in.)
- REAR SUSPENSION Type Progressive Sachs, single shock absorber with rebound and compression damping and spring preload adjustment – Single sided swing arm material Aluminium alloy – Wheel travel 125 mm (4.92 in.)
- TYRES Front 120/70 – ZR 17 M/C (58 W)
- Rear 200/50 – ZR 17 M/C (75 W)